• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/32 Deutz-(ish) Gas Mech (Using Bmann Davenport)

Started by marc_reusser, July 01, 2009, 01:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Thanks for all the support..much appreciated.....today I ended up in the ER where they gave me his really cool drug Adavan or such....then for over an hour stuck me into a small tube that made lots of noise.....now back home...and the adavan is still really sweet!!!....although tomorrow it's of to the Doc and the Neurosurgeon.

I'll give up modeling before cycling.....but there has got to be an easier way to collect soil and gravel samples. :-\ ::) ;D

HapPy TrAiLS.....

Mrk.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

finescalerr

Okay, now you have me worried. What exactly happened to you? (And where can I get some of those drugs??) -- Russ

lab-dad

That's some good shit!
Marc, do what the Dr. says!
Feel better!
-Marty

TRAINS1941

Marc

There has to be an easier way to get drugs!!!
Hope your feeling better, do what they tell you to do!!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Ray Dunakin

Yikes! Sounds like you must have had a worse than average spill. I hope you'll be mended soon.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

RoughboyModelworks

Good drugs, scans, neurosurgeon... sounds more serious than your average tumble... possible concussion?  Keeping good thoughts, hope you mend soon.

Paul

marc_reusser

Thanks for the kind words...so far the MRI was clean, .....still have to go see the neurologist, and then a recheck with the GP.

It didn't seem like a bad fall at the time....doing a comfortable 20-22mph downhill......and even though I thought I was square enough to the rut, the sides were appparently soft (from the rain)...so it grabbed the front wheel, turned it, and sent me flying. Hard slam and about 15' of skidding on hardpack and gravel on my right side....but no head contact.

I prefer to get my bad falls out of the way at the beginning of the year....that way I don't have to worry for the rest of the year. ;D

...the MRI machine was way scarrier than the fall. ::)

....and now back to our regular modeling program. ;D

Marc

M-Works

RoughboyModelworks

Well that sounds encouraging...

And now the big question: How much damage to the bike?

Paul

marc_reusser

Quote from: Roughboy on March 03, 2010, 10:27:56 PM
And now the big question: How much damage to the bike?

Paul

ZERO...not a scratch or ding....a bit of scuffing and dirt on the right grip, some dirt on the kevlar seat tail, and the computer/mount was rotated about 5-degees.   I will be saving up for a new jersey, arm warmers and bib shorts though....they are beyond repair (I think there are laws in CA governing how much you are allowed to exose yourself  ;D )

Marc

M-Works

finescalerr

Sounds like you are okay and they are just making sure it's not worse than it seems. Glad you and the bike are in decent shape. Please try to stop catapulting yourself off the darned contraption; the idea is to sit there and pedal. Your little "sick leaves" are rather disconcerting to us. -- Russ

marc_reusser

Thanks Russ.

"well" is a bit of a relative term. At the moment we still have no idea why yesterday I had a complete loss of motor skills on my left side, and why the world looked like some ki d of Picasso painting without any sense of perspective or level horizon.....the episode lasted about 10 min ........and then just slowly went away.  Other than that I am peachey.......and will ride if it's nice out tomorrow.

MR

M-Works

Chuck Doan

That's called a flashback son. Pennance for old times I reckon.

Seriously, I hope things get better, this doesnt sound that good.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

jacq01

Where you able to speak in that period ??   I second Chuck in hoping things getting better. 

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Philip Smith

marc_reusser

The painting begins....and it's not pretty.......yet.

Pre shading done using Tamiya "Sea Blue" (XF-17).

Base color on frame and around edges of cab walls is a custom mix of Tamiya "Hull Red" XF-9, "Flat Black" XF-1, and a touch of "Flat Yellow" XF-3.  This mix was applied in areas that will be chipped using the Hairspray method. (the other areas will be pianted on chips using Vallejo paints.)

MR

M-Works