• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/32 Deutz-(ish) Gas Mech (Using Bmann Davenport)

Started by marc_reusser, July 01, 2009, 01:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Gil,

I do not recall what it stands for ......it's something in Czech. ;)

I actually have PDFs of xeroxed service & parts brochures (25 pgs +/-) with elevation, parts & detail drawings for the CKD bn15r & bn30r, that I found on the web somewhere about a year or so ago......they are 866kb ea...and they are in german.

I also have sim brochures for the NS1, NS2, and (2) for the NS2F. ...these are all larger files (up to 65 pages)...so they run up to 2.68mb ea. (so I would send under seperate emails)

LIMITED TIME OFFER:
If any of the active/participating (not lurking) forum members is interested, I would be glad to email them a copy of these. (I will of course need your email if I do not have it, or it is not in your profile info.)

MR
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Mr Potato Head

For me thanks, but no thanks, I have way to many projects in front of me, I like this build, it has good proportions and is different.
Gil
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

RoughboyModelworks

I'll take you up on your Limited Time Offer Marc... thanks

Paul

jacq01

put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

shropshire lad

Marc,

I would also like to take you up on your generous offer . I think you have my email address . Let me know if you haven't .

I have looked through my set of books and while there are photos of various CKD locos , they are all in use and none are stripped down .

As  I suspected , you are way ahead of me when it comes to collecting images from the interweb , so I guess I won't be able to increase your knowledge on the subject .

I'm not sure you will be pick any of the books up "just -like-that" from anywhere in Germany , although having said that , the first two I bought , I got from a bookshop at Koln railway station .

Nick

Krusty

Karl Paskarb <http://www.schmalspurverlag.de/> used to be excellent for these sorts of books, if you could deal with his somewhat less than internet-friendly approach to ordering and payment.
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

shropshire lad

Quote from: Krusty on December 18, 2009, 02:34:17 AM
Karl Paskarb <http://www.schmalspurverlag.de/> used to be excellent for these sorts of books, if you could deal with his somewhat less than internet-friendly approach to ordering and payment.

I have held off from buying from him as I have heard , rightly or wrongly , that he is somewhat tricky to get hold of . Though he does have a very comprehensive list of books for sale and I'm sure I'd spend a lot of money with him if they were all laid out in front of me so that I could see what I'd be buying .

I am in the fortunate position of having a mother who can speak German ( well , she ought to as she is German) so I get her to phone up and pay for whatever I want and I pay her back . This means that I can look at various German booksellers websites and see what is available . She then finds out if they take credit cards or not or whether I have to send Euros . The chap who sells the 1/32nd bricks I bought doesn't take cards so I sent him cash , but all the booksellers she has dealt with do take cards . It certainly makes life easier .

Nick

Gordon Ferguson

Marc,

don't know if you have seen this, if not its not the greatest picture but it may help ... its tagged as as an NS1 but bonnet/hood looks a bit different to me ........... but then I am no expert

I would keen to receive the details you offered on the NS1 the others are bit big for me, you should have my e-mail address.

Gordon 
Gordon

marc_reusser

Gordon,

Thanks for that great pic....do not have that one , so nice find.  I do not think that the loco is a NS....I think it is actually a CKD or maybe a Diema.......regardless, it's the kind of pic I was looking for.

Will do do a bulk mailing of the  PDFs Today and tommorrow.  I think the CKDs are in your size range, as well as the Ns1 and small  Ns2......the Ns2f (3-axle jobbies) are the ones that are probably too large.

Marc

M-Works

Gordon Ferguson

Thanks Marc,

Got your e-mails & attachments, very much appreciated .

Thank you

Gordon
Gordon

Gordon Ferguson

The error was mine the stripped down loco is actually a CKD BN15R.

Here is the link to the site where the photo was found http://www.feldbahnseite.de/index.htm?http://www.feldbahnseite.de/m_sepp.htm

Although not a stripped chassis the last photo is an interesting shot 
Gordon

davej

I had not heard of the CKD before - is it a Czech prototype? I love the slab side frames.

Probably you have seen my 7mm scale Deutz -

d

Marc988

Quote from: Roughboy on December 17, 2009, 09:37:43 AM
They are excellent books Marc. I have two of the series that were brought back from Germany, one by Andreas Christopher and the other by Frank Harding. Unfortunately I don't read German so it's a slow process to go through the text, but luckily there are more photos than text   :)

Paul

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the late reply but better late than never   ;)
If you need any help with some German translations just let me know.

Cheers,
Marc

marc_reusser

Thanks to Jerry Lawrence and Bernard Snoodyke (Jerry brought me one of Bernard's wonderful PE tractor seats), I was able to finish the cab details on this loco.

So now I think I can call this one pretty done, and ready for paint. I think I wil probably do with a dark green upper, and a red lower, paint scheme.

I just need to decide how worn I want to make her, and what techniques/approach I want to use.  ::)

MR

M-Works

Gordon Ferguson

Like the detail work .... can you give me a few hints as to how you did the brake handle, especially the release handle and the ratchet rack.

thanks
Gordon