• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

south creek road

Started by 1-32, November 28, 2017, 01:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Hile

I agree. Looking good and i'm looking forward to seeing more!

detail_stymied

I like the "something's happening under the ground" atmosphere.

Q: should we be concerned about the track radius or has that been handled?

following with keen interest!
s.e. charles

finescalerr

I asked about the track radius and Kim assures me it will be no problem. -- Russ

1-32

hi, all thank you for your interest.
I have run one of my little critters for 2 hours on the track -no problem the only thing that I have noticed that the tight radius collects more dirt also low speed helps too much and it will fly off.yesterday I thought of Ikea you know the useful chain of shops that cater to your house details just buy the look and slot it in but in this case, my little bits just make them and then slot it into your diorama.
cheers, Kim.

detail_stymied

Quote from: 1-32 on December 26, 2017, 12:08:16 PM... my little bits just make them and then slot it into your diorama.
cheers, Kim.

this is a very helpful idea. cannot count how many layouts I've started in a lifetime that were binned because they became too overwhelming to see any appreciable result. all hit dead spots which, for whatever the variety of excuses, kept me from forward momentum.
s.e. charles

finescalerr

Some of you guys may not have any idea how many small layouts, structures, locos, and railroad cars Kim has built. He sent me an article back in 1994 about a little 1:32 scale narrow gauge switching diorama and it impressed everyone who bothered to look at it. Then, a few years later, he send another article about another small layout. Nearly everything was scratchbuilt. And look at the projects he's posted here over the past several years. Kim has this stuff down to a science. -- Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on December 27, 2017, 11:57:04 AM
Some of you guys may not have any idea how many small layouts, structures, locos, and railroad cars Kim has built. He sent me an article back in 1994 about a little 1:32 scale narrow gauge switching diorama and it impressed everyone who bothered to look at it. Then, a few years later, he send another article about another small layout. Nearly everything was scratchbuilt. And look at the projects he's posted here over the past several years. Kim has this stuff down to a science. -- Russ

Prove it . Show us some pictures we may have not seen .

I am starting back doing some modelling after a significant period of inactivity , but I am slightly unfocused as to what to do , so anything to give me a bit of inspiration would be useful . I have already started looking at Marcel's stuff again in earnest but I need more .

So chop chop , Russ , push those girls off your lap and do something useful and give us some inspiration.

Nick

detail_stymied

taking the above advice, and not wanting to further sidetrack this thread, I have searched and brought several threads back to page 1 so everyone can enjoy them.
s.e. charles

finescalerr

Nick, I thought you were working on a mining tram or something before your hiatus. (Not the one with the brick building that I published but the one you showed us here.) Did you finish that project? If not, maybe you could. If you completed it, stop cavorting with those girls I sent you and post some photos, first of the diorama/layout and second of the girls.

Or just do a very small (maybe 1 foot square) Marcel thing, anything so we can cheer you on to completion.

By the way, the articles Kim sent were before it was feasible to go all digital so I have no scanned images or PDFs to share. My first digitally stored publication goes back August 1998 (one magazine), then three or four from 1999. After that I have PDFs of everything.

Russ

1-32

morning all.
about 18 years ago I built this signal cabin 1/32 scale it all works and was used to work a signal layout mechanically. 100 percent scratch built using just a piercing saw knife and files, materials brass and wood sorry I bought the chain.after this I went into narrow gauge the first effort was No Hope Coast that was published in the Narrow Gauge and Short Line Gavette then i really could not care anymore.
really just remember that your expensive hobby paints have a limited life so use them or lose them.
with Russ, we all would have to agree that he has been always a really positive personality in an otherwise mostly dull hobby.
cheers Kim.

detail_stymied

now that is some intricate signaling!

I remember No Hope Coast and its resurrection.

www.modvid.com.au/html/body_kim_marsh.html

www.finescalerr.com/smf/index.php?topic=1579.0
s.e. charles

Ray Dunakin

That signal shack is really cool!

I remember seeing the No Hope Coast in the Gazette.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

hi all.
now back to South Creek RD after that diversion into the past.
what I have been working on of late is the landscape and the hard urban environment that will be the foundation of the 1 st level but first, i had to make sure that it fitted into my trusty blue carry on suitcase, just fits snug.
the square is also been roughed in concrete asphalt is the base still a mess but this is the undercoat, next a bit more detail and a start on the buildings.
cheers

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

detail_stymied

would like to see the expression of the inspector going through customs.
s.e. charles