• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

One for Nick when he is released from the corner

Started by Barney, September 13, 2023, 05:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Started to build some Barford & Perkins road rollers 1/35th scale ( some time back but recently resurrected)  Several different versions under other makes makes my life easer (back to the freelance prototypes ) but that photo of the little steamer road roller
Should be included in the collection looked for details on different sites but came up with a big zero could it be a one off version triend to read the makers plate but its to small on the Nicks Photo - So Nick Have you any more photos or information on the little beast much appreciated
Barney
Beamish Museum up in the Frozen North have plenty on the Petrol /Diesel versions and the various makes and types but nothing listed for a small steam version
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

TRAINS1941

Nice photos but Nick will never be released!!  :)

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

shropshire lad

Quote from: Barney on September 13, 2023, 05:48:23 AMStarted to build some Barford & Perkins road rollers 1/35th scale ( some time back but recently resurrected)  Several different versions under other makes makes my life easer (back to the freelance prototypes ) but that photo of the little steamer road roller
Should be included in the collection looked for details on different sites but came up with a big zero could it be a one off version triend to read the makers plate but its to small on the Nicks Photo - So Nick Have you any more photos or information on the little beast much appreciated
Barney
Beamish Museum up in the Frozen North have plenty on the Petrol /Diesel versions and the various makes and types but nothing listed for a small steam version

Barney,

With the idea that it might appeal to one or more on this forum I toke a number of photos of Old Butty . I did not take any measurements so you will have to guesstimate.i will start a new thread .

Nick

On second thoughts I will post the photos here.

shropshire lad

Photos. Name on plate. A.W. Trotter, Coleford, Gloucestershire  1933. Probably one of Del Boys relatives ! ( that is a reference to a very British sitcom).

shropshire lad

shropshire lad

Les Tindall

Is this machine genuine or a whimsical recent creation. "Trotter 1933" seems very late for a steam roller. A bit like newly built vertical boiler locos. There's one in France built around a mainline loco's steam stoker engine. Mind you it's still something worth building.
Les

Barney

Thanks Nick for the photos - I have now entered the detail of "OWD BUTTY" and loads of info has now come up - an article in Old Glory Magazine 1995 - it also appears in the Shire Album series of old Road Rollers
It is a Unique 1 off roller and is now part of the Gloucester Folk Museum but rebuilt and entered at shows by other members (its all on the Face book thing )
Barney
Now thinking of a larger scale for the little beast but 1/35th rules
Stuart McPherson

Barney

Stuart McPherson

shropshire lad

I am glad you have found out more info on it . I must admit I find it quite charming . It looks like quite an involved build with lots of fiddly bits . I shall leave it to the experts .