• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Shaper Origin - a hand guided CNC router

Started by Bill Gill, October 06, 2021, 05:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gill

Sounded like a contradiction when someone sent me a link to this tool, but it looks very interesting, at least for larger scales.
Watch the 3 min demonstration on this home page:
https://www.shapertools.com/en-us/origin/overview

Craig

Bernd

Took me a minute to figure out how it worked. Pretty neat. I think it would be a bit tough on metal though. Engraving would be neat, but how small will it engrave to. Time find the specs and price. I wouldn't get one. A neat tool though for the wood worker.

Bernd
New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

WP Rayner

Definitely an interesting tool.... real woodworkers know how to do all that by hand tho.  ;)
Paul

Whisky Workbench
Stay low, keep quiet, keep it simple, don't expect too much, enjoy what you have.

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Lawton Maner

This tool is intended for 1:1 woodworkers. I'm not sure it is accurate enough for model building where some of the milling cutters make dental cutters look crude.

Daniel

Quote from: Bill Gill on October 06, 2021, 05:41:20 PMSounded like a contradiction when someone sent me a link to this tool, but it looks very interesting, at least for larger scales.
Watch the 3 min demonstration on this home page:
https://www.shapertools.com/en-us/origin/overview

Bill

I've seen your post twice. The first time i run away. Both times you got Magoo, me and certainly Mr Wallet crying:

3.490 euro!!!

:'( 
:'(  :'(
:'(  :'(  :'( 

Bill Gill

Daniel, Yes, I agree. My assortment of hand tools is very small and simple. Some were found or salvaged or given to me. My only "electric tool" is the light over my work space. :)

Daniel