• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Another Fordson project in 1/16th scale

Started by Chuck Doan, September 21, 2021, 08:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence@NZFinescale

A quick sandblast and a trip to the spray shop and that will look good as new!
Cheers,

Lawrence in NZ
nzfinescale.com

Hauk

It is cool to see the gold standard of weathering beeing hammered out right in front of you!
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Barney

Grot and rust most realistic - and I agree with all
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Chuck Doan

Thanks very much!

I skipped ahead a bit and finished one of the side chain drives. Made with 3D printed sprockets and Kyosho RC motorcycle chain. Grease is a mix of brown and black oil paint mixed with fine powdered dirt. Sprocket tips were polished with pencil lead. Chain guard (such as it is) made from .01 styrene. Painted a slightly different yellow as it was a later addition.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

finescalerr

Acceptable. But please note the lower right hand sprocket tooth needs more pencil lead. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bernhard

TRAINS1941

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Sami

With Chuck we are never disappointed.
Great work as usual !

Chuck Doan

Working on the wheels. Adding The Shining with Rub N Buff and Uschi steel polishing powder, using my hi-tech Foredom "lathe". Chasing it with thinned gouache also applied while spinning.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Krusty

Far and away the nicest reproduction of tyre steel I've ever seen. But we expected that.
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

Peter_T1958

Those fine and ultrafine striae, dents, scratches on the polished parts are absolute incredible.
And those slight nuances on the running surface between particularly stressed parts and the outher side is just phenomenal.

I am convinced it isn't just a matter of modelling at ist best, it is also a matter of observation skills...

Wowed again!
Peter
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" -Leonardo Da Vinci-

https://industrial-heritage-in-scale.blogspot.ch/

TRAINS1941

Just another masterpiece by the "MASTER"

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Sami