• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Always take the back roads

Started by Hauk, September 18, 2022, 05:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernhard

A nice find from my vacation, at Hallamore Lake near Clearwater, Canada.

IMG_2640.JPG
IMG_2641.JPG
IMG_2642.JPG
IMG_2643.JPG

The mechanic must have taken a few liberties. Especially the mounting of the fan is quite bizarre.

Bernhard

Hauk

Quote from: Bernhard on October 13, 2022, 02:52:51 AMA nice find from my vacation, at Hallamore Lake near Clearwater, Canada.

IMG_2640.JPG
IMG_2641.JPG
IMG_2642.JPG
IMG_2643.JPG

The mechanic must have taken a few liberties. Especially the mounting of the fan is quite bizarre.

Bernhard

Great find!
Always nice to see pictures of old tractors.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Barney

Very Nice - Some more for my library
Barney   
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Bill Gill

Quite a tractor find, Bernhard.
Two thoughts about the "fan"
1. Could the vehicle be a very early prototype design for Ian Fleming's"Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang"?
B. Could the fan be mounted there to keep the exhaust from blinding and choking the driver?
III. Could the spinning blades be a simple whirligig to amuse the operator during long boring sessions of tending the fields?  ;D

Hydrostat

Doesn't it take a lot of pressure to inflate those tires?
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Scratchman

Here's ten photos from the state of Nevada.

Gordon Birrell

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gordonbirrell/

Les Tindall

This is a great thread and series of photos. Gordon what is the truck in the second pic for? Is it a mobile drill?  Another that inspires a model.
Les Tindall 

Les Tindall

We have "back roads" here on the Isle of Wight, a couple of examples attached.
Les Rindall

Bernhard

Another find from my vacations: a H.K. Porter B-P-O compressed air locomotive.

Porter B-P-O.png

It is exhibited in the Bankhead ghost town near Banff, Canada. However, it did its service at the Canamore Mine nearby.

I have wanted to build a model of a Porter locomotive for some time, as a comparison piece to the EIMCO 401 (see here), which is powered by a 5 cylinder radial piston air motor. Now I think it's definitely time for me to go to the drawing board for it.

Bernhard