• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sandy Hollow

Started by 1-32, November 30, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Thanks Ray.
Again the very best to you,just realised there are two photos I will check next time.

Barney

Very Nice
    Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

1-32

Hi Everybody.
Trusting you are all in the best of health nearly Spring or Autumn you know it is an upside-down world.
As always thank you all for your comments.
Revisiting a boat model that I built over two years ago, it just never came together well so it sat in a shelf near the TV for over 2 years, now is the time to make it right.
I have moved the bottom structure around and increased the contrast between the bottom and top.
Now for the cargo.
cheers.
Not a valid attachment ID.DSC_7261 (2).JPG 

1-32

Here we go following on and back to Sandy Hollow.
Just goes to show that you a never too old to play with trains.
As always wishing you all the best.
Kim.DSC_7383 (2).JPG

Daniel

Well, now it does. Thank you!

Daniel

1-32

HI Daniel I know you are rail fan from long ago.

Daniel

Hi Kim,

Of course you know: you have been one of my main masters. I have learned plenty from you and specially from you unforgetable "NO HOPE" jewel.

Daniel

1-32

Hello everybody how are we all in the world today as usual wishing you all the very best of helth..
So.
Sandy Hollow has split into a few different projects, not a problem as even though they are in 1/35 to 1-32 scale space is not a problem.
Acland Coal loader first two pictures at this stage of the build I really needed to get some more reference great any excuse for a road trip. Really what is left of Acland Town is one totally unique experience, isolated with streets with no buildings. I manage to get some worthwhile reference pictures, especially on how the bin doors work, and basic bush mechanic logic. I could have jumped over the fence but the loader is on the point of collapse so the fence is there for a purpose.
But.
With Covid being, not such an issue the opportunity to travel with my suitcase display has become a possibility yesI think this is the 6 rebuild.
It was known as South Creek now I was thinking of Bullock Flat bit of a conversation starter.
My models are getting more Australian in character so I want the new display to reflect this.
Please remember that everything lights and electrics all has to fit into a carry-on suitcase.
cheers Kim
DSC_7669.JPGDSC_7605.JPGDSC_7726.JPGDSC_7681 (2).JPG   

Bill Gill

Kim, the new section is off to a good start.

That loader looks like the impact of you jumping the fence could have collapsed it!

Bernhard

Kim, I'm really excited to see what you finally do with the Loader. A small but great project.

Bernhard

1-32

morning Bill and Bernard.
The coal loader is not part of my suitcase model it is just too big.
Yes Bill I looked and looked at the fence and the mine loader and being by myself and ended up with a broken leg my fate could have ended with the coal loader. It is very fragile, but what is left of Acland?
Not much was demolished for the now canceled coal mine and streets without any houses except for a few stayers. There is what we call a nature strip bit of a joke seeing that the town is in the middle of nature but this strip is perfectly maintained by the company . Grass mowed perfectly, public toilets children's play area and a barbecue in perfect condition are left as a memorial to the town that was once there.

Barney

It just gets better - and the idea of small displays that connect together is the way to go - I find it gives me a better chance to finish projects
Barney 
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Ray Dunakin

Your loader model looks fantastic!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Hello all.
As usual many thanks and wishes for good health.
Moving along.
Packing, multi-use segments large scale minimum space should be the heading.
Everything has to fit and work well this is the first step before continuing even if the scene has to be comprised.
Now I can continue the packing list is complete and the scene is in a basic form I have done so many of these sorts of puzzles I can now streamline some processes.
The first photo shows some of the items in particular the lights they have a really nice spot at the back.
In the second photo the layout now onto the detail.
Cheers.
DSC_7739.JPGDSC_7764.JPG