• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Fred the trencher- Abigails brother

Started by Barney, April 11, 2021, 02:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRAINS1941

That is beautiful modeling!!

Nick you have a house when did it get finished?  We need pictures of it!!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

finescalerr

Here is the last of Barney's models Nick photographed. It is an industrial critter, probably 1:35 scale but Barney may have to correct me. Here is the first of five photos. -- Russ

finescalerr

And the second ....

finescalerr

Number 3.

finescalerr

The fourth.

finescalerr

And here is the last image. Again, click on the small photos to open much large ones. -- Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: TRAINS1941 on April 21, 2021, 06:37:57 PM
That is beautiful modeling!!

Nick you have a house when did it get finished?  We need pictures of it!!

Jerry

Finished? Well , bits of it are finished . Hopefully , we will move in this year . Ask Russ to post the photos I sent him .

Hydrostat

Wow - that's even better (the critter, not the house to move in)!
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on April 21, 2021, 09:13:49 PM
Here is the last of Barney's models Nick photographed. It is an industrial critter, probably 1:35 scale but Barney may have to correct me. Here is the first of five photos. -- Russ

Russ , the critter is way bigger than 1/35th scale , more like 1/19th scale . I will take another photo later to show how big it actually is . This is the model I had a go at adding additional weathering . I haven't had the courage to attempt adding anything to Fred or Harvey yet .

Nick , making the most of my release from the corner. No doubt I shall be back there soon .  

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Les Tindall

Fabulous stuff. That critter is wonderful. 
Les

Hydrostat

Quote from: shropshire lad on April 21, 2021, 11:21:15 PM
Quote from: finescalerr on April 21, 2021, 09:13:49 PM

Russ , the critter is way bigger than 1/35th scale , more like 1/19th scale . I will take another photo later to show how big it actually is . This is the model I had a go at adding additional weathering . I haven't had the courage to attempt adding anything to Fred or Harvey yet .

Nick , making the most of my release from the corner. No doubt I shall be back there soon .  

Indeed especially the weathering caught my eye (not to disparage Barney's model at all!).
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

shropshire lad

Barney had an article on this loco in The Review about ten years ago ( No.87 July 2011) and he says it is 1/12th Scale , which makes it even bigger.

Nick

Barney

Yes 1/12 scale - full build article no 87
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Barney

The article comes under the heading of "the oily one"  An early dabbling in 1/12th scale to create this evocative portrait  of a rusting ,leaking diesel waiting for parts that will probably  never come (words of the late Roy C Link)
And in the state its in now with its extra weathering its evidently the spare parts never did come !! - it got the name oily one from the damaged rear pistons (made from aluminium rod) my thanks to Nick for the extra weathering job on "poor old oily one"

Along with the above article on page 290 of the same issue no 87 - is a superb article by Nick of a Industrial Diorama in 1/35th scale using a brick by brick construction - Those were the days back in 2011 when Nick had a full head of Hair and his own teeth so we are told !! it was about the time when he was first released from "the corner" 
Front cover photo by kind permission of Narrow Gauge & Industrial Review - full details on www.narrowgaugeandindustrial.co.uk - Still one of the best books available -
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson