• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

SELCUK-EPHESUS HO SCALE LAYOUT

Started by Abdusta, January 03, 2012, 06:16:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

Model Railroader would improve greatly if it were in German. In English it is sheer garbage. -- Russ

Seattle Dave

Quote from: finescalerr on June 08, 2012, 12:11:56 AM
Model Railroader would improve greatly if it were in German. In English it is sheer garbage. -- Russ

I'm sorry Russ, but it would still be crap in any other language!
Dave VanderWal

Erkut Baykal

The Turkish premier of Selcuk will be on the 7th of November.
Dear Jacq will also be with us.
The poster announcing the event is as below;

It basically says : "Don't miss this Train"

Erkut

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Erkut Baykal

Well Gents, the premier of Selcuk took place in one of the most prestigious industrial museum in Istanbul on the 7th of Nov.with great success.

http://www.rmk-museum.org.tr/en/index.htm

It will be exhibited till June 2013, so anyone visiting this part of the world, give us a holler.

Thanks to Jacq and Paul ( the organizer of OnTraxs/Holland) who traveled all the way down here to share our joy.

Don't let the wheelchair fool you, the museum is quite large and we didn't want to tire him , or else...he is like a jack rabbit :)

Once you set foot to Istanbul there is no escape of a good old boat tour of the Bosphoruos...

.....and eating fish next to it;

.....and after dining we were sailed back to the museum by a certain Captain Jacq Sparrow  ;);

Here is how Selcuk looked;

...in front of the loco's exhibited that Jacq kindly gave to me;

..The Selcuk team together with the founder of the museum Mr Rahmi Koc, posing to an army of media reporters;

...and altogether in front of the award;

...celebrating that evening;

Hope you have enjoyed,

Erkut

shropshire lad

Erkut ,

It looks like everyone had a good time . Greetings to all Selcuk crew , that's includes Ali ( better known as " The Hood" ) .

What have you done to Jacq ? When I left him in Switzerland he was running around and playing football , now you have put him back in his wheelchair . Or was that to stop him wandering off and getting lost ?

So , what layout are you all working on now ? And will it take less than 48 hours to set up ? ! 

Nick in the UK

Ray Dunakin

Great photos, and a very lovely presentation of the railroad and locomotives! Nice to see everyone having such a good time.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Erkut Baykal

Quote from: shropshire lad on November 08, 2012, 01:22:41 PM

What have you done to Jacq ? When I left him in Switzerland he was running around and playing football , now you have put him back in his wheelchair . Or was that to stop him wandering off and getting lost ?

No Nick, not because of him getting lost but because of this ;

...we had to tie him to the wheelchair. ;D

All the team sends their regards and honestly we haven't thought of anything on our new project but rest assure it will be small this time.
Jacq has new plans and boy I am anxiously waiting for him to give a startup.

Erkut

jacq01

there goes my reputation, if I had one   ;) ::)

I wish to thank Abd, Erkut, Aycut and Ali for the good care I received. Walking more than 5 meters was not allowed as
everyone was afraid I might stumble over the uneven cobblestone floors.

This was an unique experience.  The layout is now among some of the finest technical collections I have seen.
The museum is worth a visit, I like to return and spend a whole dat exploring it all.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

David Emery

I don't know if we'll get back to Istanbul in time to see this, maybe they will add the layout to their permanent collection.  On our previous (first) trip to Turkey, we visited Ephesus.  So we really appreciate how well the models capture the feel of the the ancient city.

dave

danpickard

Wow, what a superb presentation of a layout.  Just a tad better than a rope barrier at a more common exhibition environment.  Well done all crew with the efforts and now the well deserved recognition of the effort.

As for the wheelchair...is it kind of like the "Pope-mobile", only smaller and a bit less bulletproof? :)  That smile is fantastic to see Jacq!

Thanks for the great collection of pics.

Cheers,
Dan

finescalerr

Funny you should mention the presentation. My response was exactly the same: A fully professional job by some of the world's best modelers. Others should emulate their approach. -- Russ