• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sandy Hollow

Started by 1-32, November 30, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

Hi Russ ,Les and Helmut
Yes, this Delta variant is a game-changer the biggest effect is on relationships worldwide all the better though for Forums on Westlake where we can post and comment it really helps.
Sandy Hollow will be added to and also changed so not really finished only bits .
South Creek [so many S, es] is a tiny large-scale small space-1/35 to 1/32 and is more an exercise in staging than reality here in the top pictures you can see an airbrushed toned down backdrop and a smaller chimney pot . These changes give me a large open area in the foreground for another project.
cheers

Lawton Maner

And, in more then 1 American state the government is telling people that it is within your personal freedom to not get vaccinated this coming winter isn't going to be pretty.  It reinforces the fact that stupid is a self eliminating trait.  Nature, when left alone, has an efficient system for seeing to it that stupid people will not live to pass that gene on to the next generation.  There will be a large amount of culling the herd this winter.

1-32

Yes, winter is going to be a challenge.
Anyway moving along to a sunny place and back at to Sandy Hollow .

finescalerr

By the way, Kim, that new picture of you is very flattering. Go stand in the corner. -- Russ

1-32

My profile picture.
A modern classic I especially like the surreal glasses.

Lawton Maner

Kim has entered his second childhood.

1-32

Hi Lawton I gave up on being a grown-up a long time ago but hey how are you?.
Moving along the winning shape has been selected a removable flat with 2 display windows and a nice verandah to lounge around.
paper and cardboard.
cheers.

1-32

Good afternoon all.
Moving along and switching around scenes but who can forget the world of cargo bikes,fits right into Sandy Hollow.
cheers.

Design-HSB

Kim,

I'm happy about your wonderful little scenes.
In addition, I think cargo bikes have a future again, if maybe with some electric support.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Lawton Maner

I'm doing well.  Weather here is warm and for the weekend dry.  I remember a bicycle powered ice cream vendor as a child in Richmond.  Paint it bright colors and put your new image on the side.

1-32

Morning Helmut and Lawton sound great where you both live.
Electric cargo bikes on a flat road are great yes Helmut they have a future, these little bikes I will leave but I have plans for more -ice cream, hot dogs, juices. They are simple little creations and in 1/35 there  bicycle kits that can be used as kitbashed bases.
Simple satisfying projects.
All the best Kim

1-32

Afternoon all how are you all ?
As always I am enjoying your modelling just because I don't comment means anything but great stuff.
Moving along one of the photos that I last posted was a flat 30 mm thick with 2 doors but it ended in up in the bin.
This is a difficult space to build in the 2 roofs on either side all point in all trashed and custom painted-busy.
This is my solution I am happy with lots of painting and shapes but in the end simple.'There will be a sign some more detail and the ground treatment.
cheers

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

That is one of the world's strangest hat shops. I'd be hesitant to shop there .... -- Russ

1-32

Hi Ray.
thanks but looking at it in the morning the torso is too pink and a bit too mich flesh maybe a tie would help?
cheers