• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/32 Scale Diecast Tractor kits

Started by marc_reusser, April 15, 2012, 11:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shropshire lad

Or here , for those that can't find it for themselves ! 

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/skpmodel/skp150.html

Don't forget the MK35 tractor that has been around for sometime . I can't comment on its quality , but Rick Lawler made a very nice diorama using one .

Nick

Mr Potato Head

thanks for the help I was having a hard time finding it, but it looks like a nice kit and will fit my era
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

Ray Dunakin

Welcome to the forum. Great work on that tractor, a big improvement over the original!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

Bill,

A welcome from me as well. that tractor looks quite nice. (photo seems a bit overexposed or oversatureated...but the work is very cool. I look forward ro seeing more of your builds.

Didn't you do an equally cool Unimog?

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Bill76

Thanks for your welcome. I agree, Marc, that the pictures are a bit oversaturated. I start modeling two years ago and there are so many things to learn about modeling, painting, making pictures, ...
That's true about the Unimog. In fact, I've made two Unimog : one is based on the Siku 1/32 toy Unimog 411 and the other one is a Schuco 1/32 base. They take me a lot of time because of the lack of original details. But that's quite a challenge to get them as real as possible and I use the same painting techniques as some of you use for tanks or planes.

In Europe, farm interest for high detailed models is new but young collectors or young modelers are too much impatient for spending time to detail tractors and implements. Using resin or photoedged parts is not yet on their mind (for the moment) so manufacturers as Ertl, Siku, UH or Schuco won't pay attention for details. These are nice toys, just toys.
Compared to the skill level, I understand that some of well skilled modelers are looking for very completed kits but these kits are quite a few, and farm subject is concerned. It's a pity for us, I know.

Here are some more pictures of 1/32 scale models. Georges.

marc_reusser

Love the Unimog with the plow. Thanks for posting that.

The farm dio looks interesting, any other shots of that?

Marc

M-Works

Junior

Welcome to the forum Bill! That John Deere looks great. Maybe take a picture outdoors and you´ll get the colors right.

Anders

chester

Nice transformations Bill! Welcome.

Marc988

Nice models Bill.
I would love to see some more pics for some of your models.

NB are there any forums where they build farming machines the way you do ?
The only one I have come across are forums that are about collecting the standard Siku, UH etc models. Some of them go a little further with the RC versions and adding lights but I have never seen any going the distance you went.

Bill76

Thanks guys for your comments. Weathering 1/32 models in France is unknown in France and in Europe. We are just a few to try and follow that way of modeling. I will send some more pictures and will explain the different processes in a few days.

The Italians are well skilled and their models are really precise. They use 3D computerized tools as drill.

Usually, most of the modelers just add new tyres, front and rear likages, lights, new paint, extra fenders, front and wheels weights. But no weathering techniques ! Maybe because the young age of modelers ... The oldest collect promotionnal items as Gama, Corgi, Hausser, CIJ, NZG. Due to the high prices, these models can't be use as bases for modeling. Sometimes the cardboard boxes are nicest than the models but the boxes have higher value than the models in.

The main important forum in France is : www.grostracteurspassion.com

This site is about farm subjects and you could find a lot of links (manufacturers, models suppliers, ...). Go and have a look on the FORUM GTP. You may find some good information.

marc_reusser

Quote from: shropshire lad on April 30, 2012, 05:36:18 PM
Or here , for those that can't find it for themselves ! 

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/skpmodel/skp150.html

Nick

Thanks...just ordered one. And they had a dandy set of wheels for the GAZ-66 as well. Now if I can only find me some 1/35 scale "skinnies".

M-Works