• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Dirty Dog

Started by 1-32, February 25, 2019, 04:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

Hi all.
time to start a new topic.
Dirty Dog will be about rolling stock built to the scale roughly of 1/32 to 1/35 and running on 16.5 mm [HO] track.
the first one I posted last week was the people carrier and now I am working on a log disconnect-see photos.
I really love South Creek and it will continue to travel and post pictures but there are a few details that bother me and time is the only solution.put it away for a while pull it out and usually, the solution is right there. I hate being in a situation that you have to make a hasty solution they for me never work for me.
cheers, Kim.

finescalerr

The stained, oily rusted metalwork on those disconnects looks absolutely disgusting -- in other words, exactly as it should. As I've already mentioned, I also very much like the weathering on the "people carrier". Most satisfactory.

Kim, over the past few years your modeling has become even better and more artistic than it used to be. For those who don't know it, Kim and I go back to the mid 1990s when I published the first of two of his 1:32n2 shelf diorama layouts. I wish I had digital images of them to post here. Kim was far ahead of the pack even back then.

Russ

Ray Dunakin

Nice weathering on those log cars.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Les Tindall

Absolutely superb weathering, you can just feel that oily rust.

Les

1-32

Hi all.
here is a bit of reference for the modeller who likes narrow gauge and trucks.
cheers,Kim

Bill Gill

That looks too neat to be ignored. Hope someone models it.

finescalerr

It looks like a racing loco MG might have made in the late 1940s. -- Russ

Carlo

Thanks, Kim,
I love it! Could that be a battery mining
loco converted to IC with a tractor engine?

Kim or anyone have more pics or info?
Carlo

Lawton Maner

Looking at the name plate on the side I would guess it is the illegitimate child of a McCormick reaper and a John Deere tractor.
I will see all of you in the corner later.

Barney

Lovely stuff and that loco its one for the future
Barney
what would life be without grot- dust and grime !

1-32

hi
I nicked it from an Australian narrow gauge site it was used in the logging industry I will see if I can find out more. love the original tractor seat under the roof or more like the lean too at the back I suppose it was chain driven.
cheers

1-32

here we go.
An Mc Cormick Deering railmotor pictured at the Salt Company Kangaroo Island South Australia 1938.picture from the State Libary of Victoria Australia.

1-32

yes, a great little loco with a lot of modelling potential. personally, I really would take my hat off to anybody who could do it.it would be a really hard job just look at those wheels and imagine the transmission and the grill and then to get it going o my, I think I will stick to something a lot simpler, funny how the homemade style of loco in the 1-1 scale are really complex but still really nice.
cheers

1-32

seeing that I am on a roll I will post 2 photos of an electric narrow gauge which are quite doable,  both I really like .the green version has come from Helmut and is my current project in 1/35 to 1/32 scale on 16.5 gauge .i will use a Tenshodo Spud drive. i think it will be a fun build with some great painting possibilities.
cheers.

Design-HSB

Class Kim I'm excited for the construction report. Need more pictures of the locomotive?
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal