• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Keystone Skimmer in 1/35th scale

Started by Barney, September 24, 2016, 12:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

A start has been made for the Keystone skimmer shovel in 1/35th scale - research so far shows many variations - different drive wheels / front wheels and chassis fittings - tracks differ in many ways - engines apear to be mainly of the Keystones Hercules 4 cylinder type .
Loads of Evergreen channel on order 
Barney
my thanks for the Photo found on a web page for a show for contractors and tractors one of the best photos I have found all other info found on many Youtube videos   

Gordon Ferguson

I see you have had enough of Sci-Fi stuff and are now going back to your traditional roots  ;D

Expect to see significant progress by the time I arrive on Tuesday
Gordon

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Barney

A Start on the chassis with the cross support for the tracks at the rear or is it the front !!
My Thanks to Gil Flores for sending me detailed and close up photos of a "Keystone Electric Monster" although a Electric driven version most of it is the same Im not sure if it was some sort of conversion or an example of one that was built at the factory
Barney

Barney

electric monster

Barney

5thwheel

So it is a forward hoe rather than a back hoe.   ;D  Very interesting looking project.  Keep it coming.
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

lab-dad

WOW!
Utterly stunning modeling!
Amazing craftmanship.
Such skill!
Great job! Keep it up!
_Mj

Ray Dunakin

These early machines have a fascinating complexity.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

LesTindall

That looks a "mouth watering" project. I could well be tempted to build it in 16mm scale (1/19th), mind you it would be BIG!!  I love all the detail that goes with such machines.  Les

lab-dad

Les, Ha I was thinking the same thing in 1/16th...........

someday

Mj

Barney

All ready looking at it - the chassis is 14ft long and the boom will add another 12ft so yes its going to be a bit of a beast in 1/19th or 1/16th
still tempting me
Barney
just worked out the mechanics of the beast so loads of info here if you need it

LesTindall

Yes, info please!!!!   One can get addicted to detailing the winches, pipework, etc that comes with these things. 14ft in 16mm scale is around 8 inches plus the boom. I think my modelling room can take that.  Les

shropshire lad

Quote from: LesTindall on November 03, 2016, 08:26:28 AM
Yes, info please!!!!   One can get addicted to detailing the winches, pipework, etc that comes with these things. 14ft in 16mm scale is around 8 inches plus the boom. I think my modelling room can take that.  Les

Les,

You'll probably have to get rid of some of your junk models to make room for it . So as an act of selfless generosity I will take them off your hands . And I won't even charge !

Nick

LesTindall

Sorry Nick, most of them gone (sold) already.
Les