• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Another sawmill

Started by Hauk, November 02, 2009, 03:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hauk

Quote from: Hydrostat on July 22, 2014, 11:53:23 PM
Hauk,

concerning the roof you maybe could add some of the remaining zinc blotches as seen in prototype pictures. This would add some variety and maybe could make the coloring somewhat more "readable" to be rust. For the non modelers.
By the way that's an interesting prototype. Reduced to the minimum and a somewhat coarse built. It seems to be still in use?

Cheers,
Volker

I have indeed been thinking about adding a few zinc blotches, but I fear that I will end up repainting the whole darn roof... I have to do some experimenting/practice pieces to see if I can achieve better results.

The prototype shown is still in use. Saws like this are usually built in connection with a farm. Mostly they produce lumber for the farms own and their neighbours use.  The prototype shown is a bit larger than my model it has two saw lines. It also have a little outhouse that I am fairly certain houses a small cyclone separator.

My model is of the smallest, most basic type. It is a very generic type that can be fund all over Norway.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past