• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Somewhere in the South of France

Started by Barney, August 13, 2022, 09:47:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Next step will be the construction of all the Mill equipment this version will only have The one lower circular saw
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Barney

Brick construction of steam engine base card strips used for mortar  spacing
Barney
Stuart McPherson

finescalerr

Don't tear up this version of the diorama. Nothing wrong with it; it is acceptable. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Are the bricks made of colored plaster?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Barney

Yes Ray they are coloured plaster bricks - I used Diorama Debris https://www.dioramadebris.co.uk
silicon moulds 1/24th scale coloured with brick red dye
Diorama debris do international shipping
because this is an inside model I have used  standard Plaster of Paris I find you can actually give the bricks a more weathered look because they "crumble" easer - the normal moulding plaster dries much harder more like  porcelain and is good for the outside
Barney
Stuart McPherson

1-32

Hi Barney.
Definitely the best bricks around lovely detail.
cheers

Bernhard

finescalerr

Is that the same brick making technique Nick uses? It looks familiar and very good. -- Russ

Barney

Yes Russ they are the same - "But he does it better than me"
Barney
Stuart McPherson

Barney

First bit a few movements of the steam engine  foundation and boiler foundation -due to a few alignment problems of the drive belt to the saw Husk
Stuart McPherson

Barney

Next part took some time / patience /and plenty of headaches - a lesson to be learnt "if it gives you a headache and you feel like kicking something "  Walk Away and take up fishing or even leave it alone - all these belts /pulleys clutches and alignments drove me up the wall but finely went back to it after a rest - and finished it in 2 hours !! another thought close up photos show all the minor faults (and BIG ones) and the photos are a great help for you to finish of the nasty bits - I still have a few faults to correct before the paint job starts but it may give you some Idea of my direction if you get my Drift
Next photos show the nearly finished Saw Husk     
Stuart McPherson

Barney

and the other sides
Stuart McPherson

Barney

Next photos show the locations of the saw Husk - The log carriage / the steam engine both in a just started state
Barney
Stuart McPherson

Barney

A lot of logging equipment that was left after the 1st WW in France was mostly of Canadian and American origin The first photo shows a special train - motive power a smart Baldwin loco 4-6-0T  that was laid on for officers an journalist towards the end of the war in 1918 displaying  a Canadian Maple leaf motive - the emblem of Canadian.
( Its A wonder they did not paint the trees white)
Stuart McPherson

Barney

The second photo is the special train paused - to allow a loaded train of D and H class wagons to pass
both photos Curtesy of the Imperial War Museum London
Barney   
Stuart McPherson