• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Somewhere in the South of France

Started by Barney, August 13, 2022, 09:47:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

The benches nearly finished for the tool repair shed - upright bench driller made from bits from the scrap box and the lathe bed a white metal bit I think from a C Brommer kit the rest from the junk box
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Daniel

This is starting really good, Barney.

The machinery is very nice done.

Yes, Heller and other makes nice and not too expensive 1/24 vehicles and if one day i get really bored of modelling in half-braille i will go for 1/24.

In what period are you going to set the diorama?

Daniel

finescalerr

Barney

Daniel- I would say 1920s to 1930 - Steam was still about and  Hercule Poirot was on holiday in the South Of France
Russ - rebuilt the benches and tool shed bits more times than I can remember and the painting got to me big time so I thought its time to move on and build the saw mill part - The tool repair shed and the stores building is nearly finished and with no major differences but a rest is needed from interior detail so its onward and upward and perhaps a dabble with a Citroen Pick up truck
Barney
Just sorting a shot of the Shed

Stuart McPherson

Bernhard

On my workbench it sometimes looks like this as well.

Bernhard

Barney

More Clutter to be added at a later date - a few shots of the building that will be in front of the saw mill
And a roofing re-think to something more appropriate to the French Sun -
Barney
Stuart McPherson

Barney

Must Pay attention to small parts and there finish
its the heat Us English are just not built for it and it gives us something more to moan about
Barney
Stuart McPherson

Daniel

Quote from: Barney on August 13, 2022, 01:26:02 PMDaniel- I would say 1920s to 1930 - Steam was still about and  Hercule Poirot was on holiday in the South Of France
Russ - rebuilt the benches and tool shed bits more times than I can remember and the painting got to me big time so I thought its time to move on and build the saw mill part - The tool repair shed and the stores building is nearly finished and with no major differences but a rest is needed from interior detail so its onward and upward and perhaps a dabble with a Citroen Pick up truck
Barney
Just sorting a shot of the Shed

Great, Barney. Then, this image may make you smile:

IMG_0034 (355) by Daniel Osvaldo Caso, on Flickr

B.t.w.: please, let me know if you don't want others adding images to your thread and i won't do it again. Of course, feel free to remove the above one if you want.

Daniel

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Brick by brick and board by board. Satisfactory. -- Russ

Sami

Daniel

Barney,

I've just found this poster from the period you are modelling. It is not Citroen but Renault is also French so may fit the scene...

Renault le camion de France by Ωméga *, on Flickr

Daniel

Barney

Daniel
 thanks for the photos  very useful - the stove looks a bit close for comfort !
Barney
And of course everyone noticed Hercule Poirot is from Belgium
Stuart McPherson

Barney

Some more posters /enamel signs
Stuart McPherson

Daniel

Nice to know you like the photo.
 After posting my previous message i've found the person signing as 'Omega' at Flickr has a dedicated album with old French posters:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/23416307@N04/albums/72157683311736456

Daniel