• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Scottish inspired Saw Mill

Started by Barney, July 14, 2022, 07:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

After reading ( not just looking at the photos) of the Dulmunzie Railway by Roger Dingwell Printed by Stenlake
Publishing Ltd a very inspiring narrow gauge railway located on the estate of the Hotel Dalmunzie in the wilds of Scotland
Scale is 1/24th  - I started work on the small stores and tool repair shed which stands in front of the saw mill - below photos from Nick of a small saw mill in the Malvern area In a bit of an "unused look "
Barney 
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Barney

The Start a brick foundation  - Bricks are from the Diorama Debris Company  moulds and spaced using thin cardboard for the mortar lines 
Stuart McPherson

Barney

The Partition wall between the tool repair shed and the stores was built and a trial fit - 0CBDE6C7-5682-4FD2-8500-087F1D9F64B8_1_201_a copy.jpeg internal walls are planked and also Hide the wiring for the lamps   
Stuart McPherson

Barney

The rear wall which is in front of the Saw Mill is not planked inside but will be partially covered with shelves and tool boards  support beams/uprights will be fixed to this wall for the mill roof
The windows are by Grandt Line suitable modified on the front of the tool shed all instal walls have been planked and a lighter shade of wood stain used to create a newer look
Stuart McPherson

Barney

The door way for the tool shed was to narrow so a few alterations were made and a trial fit for the new wall
The door will be open to see the inside
 A shot of some of the shelves and benches (all now undercoated )
 The stove is a large 1/35th version with a few mods
Stuart McPherson

Barney

The Stores entrance Large beam / upright is one of the supports for the Mill roof
Stuart McPherson

Bill Gill

A neat start. The bricks & mortar look good and the framing too. Neat (and prototypical) to run the wiring in the walls.

finescalerr

Individual bricks no less. They, and the other fabricated pieces suggest the finished model should meet your usual adequate standards. I'm looking forward to seeing what else you concoct. -- Russ

Barney

"Rough drawing" of the Estates Saw Mill showing the basic thoughts - Boilers Im not sure what type Vertical or Horizontal  or even a Traction engine boiler bit more research required
Barney
Stuart McPherson

Bernhard

Promising project, Barney! Keep going, I'm looking forward to the final result.

Bernhard

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Daniel

Thank you Barney. I follow now on.

Daniel

Barney

Tried fishing caught nothing ! Tried Shooting on the Scottish estate grouse all emigrated !
So now Moved to the South of France much warmer but can not speak the language but Im sure you guys will correct me
So done a bit of research and the little building with the mill will fit in well - but I must brush up on stone buildings but I will get there someday and finish something one day !!!!! + lots of French vehicles in 1/24th scale
Barney
Go to -- Somewhere in the south of France in Modellers at work 
Stuart McPherson