• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:35th Hudson rail tractor

Started by Bernhard, March 03, 2021, 07:19:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydrostat

What a great start. Are the cypher parts printed in FUD?

Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Bernhard

Thanks Volker. All ballast plates are printed from Fine Detail Plastic in high resolution.

Bernhard

finescalerr

Thank you for showing us the soldering jig. As important as it is, I have never seen such a tool in any of my catalogs. -- Russ

Bernhard

Yes, a really useful tool, Russ. Here you can often get such plates from tool suppliers for jewelry making.

Bernhard

Lawton Maner

Russ:

The fixtures come in different sizes and shapes.  Mine sits on a small turntable with a ceramic tile under it so that I can turn it while working.

Since most of what I am doing at the moment is in 1:1 scale on a 145 year old RR car not much need at the present.

finescalerr

Thank you all for the information. I really could have used something like that between 1995-2000 when I was fumbling around with 1:32n3. I have since concluded discretion is the better part of valor .... -- Russ

1-32

Hi Bernard another gem in 1/35 scale on the bench.
cheers Kim

Bernhard

Unfortunately, nothing has happened here for some time. The reason is that I have dismantled my large H0 layout and then renovated the basement. Thus I have created considerably more space for my workshop.

But now we are moving on.
Drive and brake are two simpler assemblies.

Bernhard

Nevertheless, a few parts need to be made for it.

Bernhard

As an example, I will only show the production of the two bearings for the actuating shaft of the brake.
First, the foot of the first bearing is milled.

Bernhard

Then the outer contour is milled, ...

Bernhard

... and finally the bearing is drilled and then cut from the bar.

Bernhard

And this is the result.

Bernhard

A little more difficult is manufacturing the parts for the roof.