• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:35th Muir Hill rail tractor

Started by Bernhard, December 02, 2020, 07:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernhard

The lever is slotted, then drilled and cut to length.

Bernhard

More small parts follow:

Bernhard

I had to do the brake linkage twice because I didn't look closely enough at the photos.
Above the correct version, below the scrap.
Something like this happens from time to time.

Bernhard

Parts for support and bearing the brake spindle:

Bernhard

The handwheel is brass, 3D printed/cast at Shapeways.

Bernhard

The brake is now partially pre-assembled. The rest can only be attached after painting.

Bernhard

finescalerr

Bill Gill

Ray Dunakin

Fantastic work on such tiny parts!

What I love about this forum is the wide variety of skills, methods, and materials used by the various modelers in pursuit of the same goal - creating realistic scale models.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

That gives me an idea: I'm going to ask each guy here to create a part of my next model so I won't have to build, paint, or weather any of it myself! -- ssuR

Barney

I agree with all- plus a very nice piece of miniature engineering
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on January 19, 2021, 08:36:01 PM
That gives me an idea: I'm going to ask each guy here to create a part of my next model so I won't have to build, paint, or weather any of it myself! -- ssuR

You're getting a bit slow in your old age , Russ. You should get everyone to contribute to your next model and get them to pay for the privilege. It would be like a subscription and everyone who contributes gets to have their name included on a very nice scroll personally signed by yourself , which could then be purchased for the special introductory price of $9.99 for a limited period .

I'm off to cast 10,000 bricks for you .

finescalerr

Nick, I think I'll hire you as my business manager. -- Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on January 21, 2021, 01:36:40 PM
Nick, I think I'll hire you as my business manager. -- Russ

Do I get my own office with my name on the door and the key to the executive bathroom ?

finescalerr