• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Another On30 Davenport

Started by Ken Hamilton, July 03, 2010, 08:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Hamilton

Well, the Lumber Stacker diorama is going to need something to pull around carts of fresh wood, and
Micro-Mark is having this sale on $37 On30 Davenports, so....(unlike a stronger Mr. Ruesser) I fell for one.
The boys are deciding where to make the first cut:

The first thing they did was take the whole thing apart and get rid of that pesky DCC stuff.  Next, they
pulled off the sideframes and indelicately narrowed the frame with a cut-off wheel and a bench grinder:

Boxing the frame back in with styrene made the frame as wide as the original sideframes on the kit,
more narrow than the original:

I don't have any idea where this is going yet, but at least there's a solid platforn to work with now.

Have a great Holiday Weekend everyone.
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

Malachi Constant

Will it have flames and wheelie bars? 

PS -- If it turns out to be a woodie built out of stir sticks, we'll know for sure that you've flipped! ;D

-- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

marc_reusser

Ken,

Lookinn' Good Bro! ;).........If you can slow down for just a day, I have the perfect pdf/drawing file and photos for you as inspiration.....it's a Swedish (I think/recall) loco, that used that type of a Ford bonnet and radiator as it's nose. The info is on my BU-HD, just saw it the other day,.... I will dig it out tomorrow evening .....after drinks and watching fireworks.....

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

finescalerr

I don't care what you turn that thing into. It's gonna be cool. And a serious improvement. -- Russ

shropshire lad

Marc ,

Do you mean something like this ?

Of course , we all know that this is one of Bernard's little creations .

Nick

Ken Hamilton

That's the general idea, Nick.  Great reference picture!
Marc, I will definitely hold off until I see your files.
I see some super ideas in the future......
Thanks, all.

(I like the flame idea, too....:-)
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

Malachi Constant

Well, I think Bernard's model looks wonderful and is certainly much more refined than what follows ...

Nevertheless ...
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

shropshire lad

Quote from: Ken Hamilton on July 04, 2010, 09:17:43 AM
That's the general idea, Nick.  Great reference picture!
Marc, I will definitely hold off until I see you files.
I see some supeer ideas in the future......
Thanks, all.

(I like the flame idea, too....:-)

Ken ,

I have got a couple more , that you may or may not have seen , but I'm having problems accessing them so I will post them as soon as I can . I think they originally came from Marc , but then again maybe they didn't . As you can tell , I don't really want to commit myself at the moment !

Nick

TRAINS1941

Ken

Looks to be another winner!!  And our friend Marc didn't crash he must be in the healing mode!!!! ;D

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

lab-dad

too bad we dont know someone who could photo-etch some hoods and pieces/parts like that!
-Marty

gnichols

Hey Ken,
  Have fun on this new bash... you know how much I like these kinds of gizmos.  Gary

PS... NICE critter there Nick! 

marc_reusser

Ken,

Sorry it took a bit longer to post this.

Here are the two pics.

M-Works

marc_reusser

...and here are the drawings.

M-Works

Krusty

QuoteFord_A_Critter_1.jpg

[pedant mode]

That's actually a 1926 Planet loco, from the early period when the brand was owned by Kent Construction, built with a 10hp Meadows engine. A Not The Ford A.

[/pedant mode]

Drawing from Engineering mag attached.
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

james_coldicott

QuoteThat's actually a 1926 Planet loco

which leads me neatly into letting you guys know that this is my first loco kit in my new range of 1/32 18, 20 and 24 inch gauge kits with my first structure kit being released next month. Figures, true 1/32 scale corrugated aluminium and rolling stock all in the pipeline.

Photo etch artwork done and Resin masters coming next.

Watch this space...

James