• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

P4NewStreet - modelling Birmingham (UK) in the 1980's - 1:76 scale

Started by jim s-w, May 20, 2010, 08:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim s-w

The supplied chassis was very much of its time. I used a brassmasters chassis intended for a different class. The wheelbase was the same.   The picture shows the inside motion (a separate kit from the same source)

a quick video of the inside motion can be found here https://youtu.be/JFz3N2BgLeI
Jim Smith-Wright

Bill Gill

Quite an improvement in appearance! I also enjoy working on models that have "potential", and need some work to reach it, though not with the skill level you show.

finescalerr

... And with that skill, why not scratchbuild the loco to your own standards? Clearly you are a better craftsman than whomever created the kit! -- Russ

jim s-w

Thanks both

I just think the kit was of its time being from the mid 1970s

Jim
Jim Smith-Wright

Hauk

Quote from: jim s-w on January 21, 2017, 09:14:37 AM
Here's the loco after much modification, it's nearly ready for paint.

A really clean build, Jim!
And glad to see a post from you again.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

jim s-w

When I was a kid my dad brought me a Lima pannier tank. I ran it for years but never got rid of it so I decided to try to turn it from what was basically a toy to a model of the real loco.

The starting point.
Jim Smith-Wright

jim s-w

Luckily in conversation with a kit manufacturer he decided an etched chassis was something he was interested in adding to his range.
Jim Smith-Wright

jim s-w

Some general detailing to replace moulded detail and reduce the size of the splashers.
Jim Smith-Wright

jim s-w

The finished result.
Jim Smith-Wright

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

The rebuilt model appears to display some degree of improvement, oui? -- Russ

Hauk

That loco is bound for Model Railway Journal, right?
Excellent work.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

jim s-w

Quote from: Hauk on March 06, 2017, 09:58:30 PM
That loco is bound for Model Railway Journal, right?
Excellent work.

I'll ask if they want it. I've already got quite a list of stuff I need to do for them.
Jim Smith-Wright