• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Old Wagons

Started by Scratchman, April 14, 2010, 03:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Holy carp! Stunning work. With a different background, it would be indistinguishable from the prototype.

How did you do that fine lettering and striping? Decals?

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Chuck Doan

This is truly stunning. No exaggerating.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

greenie

All the fancy lettering and pinstriping is done using CorelDraw, then printed onto a clear decal sheet using an Alps MD 5500 printer, I just cant find a 'leprechaun' who can do pinstriping, anybody know where one is hiding, eh. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

regards  greenie

Mr Potato Head

Thanks for clearing that up, nice job on the pin striping, I saw the exhibition of Albert Collins work at the Oregon historical society over 30 years ago and I was was blow away, your work is spectacular !
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

5thwheel

MPH are you maybe thinking of Ivan Collins? I got my interest in model carriages and wagons from him. I used to hang out in his little wagon museum when it was located on the University of Oregon campus in the elate 1950s.

Bill
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

Mr Potato Head

No Bill
I was referring to Albert, Ivan's twin brother, lesser know but just as talented
::) ::) ::) ::)
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

greenie

Been a bit busy and this "thingy" popped out of the shed, tried my hand at making one that's still able to be fitted to a horse.

Here's the full sized one ------

Plenty of photographs with a heap of measurements, then onto the computer and draw it all to scale, then started on it. 

Enjoy ------------

regards  greenie 

finescalerr

Most satisfactory. -- Russ

Bill Gill

Another jewel! Magnificent is an understatement.

Design-HSB

hard to believe that it is a model. thank you to you for showing.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Gordon Ferguson

Certainly magnificent , just love the details from the square headed bolts to the  paint work and the pin striping (decals?)
Gordon

TRAINS1941

That is just awesome beautifully done.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Ray Dunakin

Holy cow! (or should I say chicken?)   That is amazingly awesome! What scale?

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

greenie

Whoops, should have added this photo as well, it's 1/12 th scale.

regards  greenie 

greenie

Ray Dunakin, well you should say 'holy cow' as the vehicle is actually an old Milk Cart, Bob Bone found it in a very bad way, but there was enough of the original timber bits left on it, so he could use them as a pattern.

He rebuilt it, but about now here's the problem, Bob had NO cows, but he had plenty of chooks, so it was painted as a Egg Cart.
Notice the two cut-outs at the bottom of the tail-gate at the rear, they were so the spigots on the milk churns, could stick out in the open and be used to fill any empty vessel that you wanted filled with fresh milk.

regards  greenie