• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Marcel is at it again....The Broom Makers Shop

Started by marc_reusser, April 13, 2010, 02:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Here are some images I ran across of Marcel Ackle's latest project.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

hguent2003

That is really great art. I met Marcel several times on exhibitions and I learned a lot from him. Furthermore he is a really pleasant fellow.

Harald

JohnP

Yes! He has the eye that sees, the mind that processes and the hands that reproduce.

I sometimes use a 4x5 view camera in the field. I especially enjoy the days when I "see" images to make almost everywhere. Some days I see nothing because it is just not right. It is a very internal and individualistic process.

I admit I have had problems seeing details to include in believable miniature, and have not thoroughly practiced the art of reproduced decreptitude because of this. But Russ' magazine/book and this forum have truly opened my eyes to possibilities and processes. I need to relax my pursuit of precision in my bridge project and model something for the sake of the art.

Thanks Marc
John Palecki

Ray Dunakin

What a beautiful piece! I love the variety of materials and textures.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

jacq01

Good to see he can use his arm agan to the full extend.
  Looking forward to see him again soon.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Chuck Doan

Thanks for finding that! Always good to see one of Marcel's projects.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Ken Hamilton

VERY nice.  I love that window.  It looks almost Chuckdoanian.
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

Carlo

Marc -
Does Marcel have an SBS or photo essay on making this new building?
I love to see his in=progress photos.
Carlo

marc_reusser

Carlo,
I don't know....I pulled these off his Facebook page, but he may have a thread going on one of the German forums like "Schmallspurtreff" or "Modellboard".......have not looked, but if I run across one I'll post the link.

Jacq,
That arm issue sounds serious....hope he is well.

EDIT:  Marcell does have an SBS going over on Schmallspurtreff (it's in German, naturally).
http://www.kostenloses-forum.com/board/besenbinderei-,nxu,01642644nx1878,t,3036.html

Marc

M-Works

hguent2003

You can also try this here.

Fahrzeuge und Gleise = rolling stock and trackwork
Gebäude und Gelände = buildings and scenery
Zubehör = accessories
Anlagenbau = layout building
Freunde = friends

Harald

jacq01

marc,

QuoteThat arm issue sounds serious....hope he is well.
Last year he slipped in the garden, tried to break his fall and dislodged his left elbow, tearing dsome tendons.
  He spend till October in plaster and needed extensive physio. The last time we met, he was nearly fully recovered.
  The movement of his fingers was still an issue,  which was not having an influence on his modeling.
  After that he had to catch up with a lot of work......

8-9 May we will see each other again and maybe later in Juli / August depending on you.  ;D ;D ;D

Here is Marcel's own website with lots of SBS on his modeling : http://www.feldbahn-modellbau.ch/

Jacq

put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

marc_reusser

M-Works

finescalerr

shropshire lad

That wasn't on the layout last weekend . Unless I'm going blind ,

Nick