• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/35 Taco

Started by marc_reusser, February 06, 2010, 03:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damn Cranky

It's looking good, buddy.  Keep it going.  Feed us more eye candy.  We are hungry. ;D
Crazy About Rust!

jacq01

I agree with Marty on the "shopping basket".  The 90's style is bothering me. The style doesn't match with the styling of the rest.

Quotethe basket was really only intended to hold 4 ammo boxes...or ammo & tool boxes
This type of storage is in general more open.

The machine and your set up is a very interesting composition, a machine with a human streak and for sure a weatherer's delight  ;D ;D.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

RoughboyModelworks

Quote from: marc_reusser on February 17, 2010, 10:50:45 PM
Yep....we used Unobtainium a lot in our designs, during my product and automotive design school days. ;D
MR
Yes, as I recall Unobtainium is one of the most commonly used materials in design schools, often in direct proportion to the unbuildability factor...

Paul

marc_reusser

Quote from: Roughboy on February 19, 2010, 06:18:58 PM
Quote from: marc_reusser on February 17, 2010, 10:50:45 PM
Yep....we used Unobtainium a lot in our designs, during my product and automotive design school days. ;D
MR
Yes, as I recall Unobtainium is one of the most commonly used materials in design schools, often in direct proportion to the unbuildability factor...

Paul

LOL!!!.....that's what designers have engineers for! ;D ;D ;D
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

marc_reusser

Ray,

FWIW.....Here are a couple of photos of builds of TACO's by others......

These two by a Polish modeler, from the MIG Forum:

This one by Fabrizio De Petrillo from the MaK Forum:

This one by Michael Fitchenmayer from fitchenfoo.com:

This one by Bryan Krueger from the MaK Forum:

Marc

M-Works

finescalerr

I am rendered speechless. -- Russ

Damn Cranky

Wow, some great kits to work with out there to begin with!  Thanks for sharing these.
Crazy About Rust!

Ray Dunakin

I like the one with the AA cannons.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

DaKra

Those feet seem a little dainty for all that armor.  What keeps it from sinking into the sand or mud?    And where's the lettuice and tomato and shredded cheese  ???

Philip Smith

Guns of the patriots MGS-4 ish....

I'm sure your version will kick ass!

I like the gatlin mount in the belly. very easy to re-arm 

Philip

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: Philip Smith on February 20, 2010, 03:31:47 PM
I like the gatlin mount in the belly.

Sure gets a guy's attention having that aimed at his crotch!

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

Quote from: Philip Smith on February 20, 2010, 03:31:47 PM
Guns of the patriots MGS-4 ish....

I'm sure your version will kick ass!

I like the gatlin mount in the belly. very easy to re-arm 

Philip

...yep..I like the min-gun as well....am curently working on mine (will probably be a three barrel....around maybe 20mm or a 50-cal)...but trying to decide weather to do external integral ammo box...something along this line.

...or do it belt fed like this, out of some slot in the hull side or underside,..along this line.

...as the gun will not have a horizontal pivot arc of more than 30-degrees, and a vertical pivot arc of only about 45-degrees...both would work...though the ammo box could be a bit of an issue on the vertical pivot.  Since this is to be a "light recon" unit, I feel there would not be a big deal with having externally replaceable/loadable ammo boxes (since it should see minimal combat, and would need them in a purely defensive manner.  Internal storage (belted ammmo version), creates a bit of a locistical problem, insofar that there is not really any space for bulky ammo boxes...and one also would not really want another "opening" in the shell/armor if not necessary......the wuser would be only marginally safer, as he would still have to open the hatch to discard the old box, and then grab a new one out of the rack in the rear.

....possibly I'm getting to anal and wrapped up in this ::)......I better go find my meds. :-X

MR

M-Works

jacq01

With the gun(s) ( L+R ?)  on side pods, the belts can come out of ammo boxes in the "shopping cart" on the back.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Marc988

I rsure like the gatling gun idea

Maybe a suggestion on the gatling gun and amunition feed set-up. 

The image is from the A-10 Warthog 30!! mm gatling gun.

For some inspiration see: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/403875/a_10_thunderbolt/

marc_reusser

While I had the airbrush out I figured I would start on this as well.

Pre shading done using Tamiya "Sea Blue" (XF-17).....as I wanted a "cool" feel to the model/final colors.

The lower leg plate areas will be chipped using the Hairspray method, so a mix of  Tamiya "Hull Red" XF-9, "Flat Black" XF-1, and a touch of "Flat Yellow" XF-3, was used as a base color.

MR

M-Works