• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:8 Scale Gmeinder Feldbahn

Started by RoughboyModelworks, December 24, 2009, 08:39:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shropshire lad

Quote from: JohnP on January 01, 2010, 08:04:26 AM
Nick: Yup. Very well done sir. It just popped into my head when writing.

But doesn't anyone here feel like there is someone looking over your shoulder when modeling. Whose standards to we work to- our own, a vision of ourselves, a magazine editor, a contest judge, some guy who doesn't know us and will never see our work?

Must be all those voices in my head...

John

John ,

Joe's Garage ? That brings back memories of Christmas 1978 , or was it 1979 ? My memory isn't as good as used to be .

As for someone looking over my shoulder , I usually have this vision of a grumpy former Swiss architect type now slumming it on the West Coast tut tutting as I cock something else up . As for magazine editors and contest judges ? There is only one of the former and non of the latter who's standards are as high as those on this forum so their opinion counts for nothing . ( Apologies to any contest judges tuning tonight).

Nick

finescalerr

I constantly peer over the shoulder of each and every one of you. It is not the faded vision of the decayed Kalmbach you sense; Kalmbach would have you aspire to mediocrity. Nay, the ever vigilant Eyes That Never Blink belong to your benign host, indeed the very soul of Westlake Publishing, who would have each of you attain the greatness to which you are destined. They are not critical eyes; they are the Eyes of Encouragement.

Man, what have I been smokin'?

Russ

RoughboyModelworks

Quote from: finescalerr on January 01, 2010, 01:22:30 PM
Man, what have I been smokin'?
Russ

Funny... I was going to ask the same question! Thought perhaps it was a lingering alcohol-fueled fantasy following last night's New Year's Eve debauchery... ;)

Paul

JohnP

Damn it I knew it was Russ Reinberg and not Russ Larson peering over my shoulder. Maybe that's why my mediocrity never felt right.

I have 14 hours until I return to work from the vacation. Still time to finish the holiday Bourbon and review my medioric modeling history! First, that Tyco train set from Christmas '68. Or '72. Or....

John
John Palecki

Franck Tavernier

Quote from: Chuck Doan on December 30, 2009, 07:06:32 AM
Mig recently did a 1/16 tank when he was used to 1/35th. He did say it was more tedious to do the chipping, etc in that size just because there was so much more of it. But his results were as excellent as his smaller stuff. Ahh, talent!

Chuck, Mig said, and I quote : "The big size made this task a bit complicated to me, used to 1/72, 1/48 and 1/35...it is too big and need a lot of time for each process or step. Sometimes you get tired to paint chips or effects in all surface...but...this is the 1/16 scale."

You were right Chuck and it's not me but the Master who says it!

QED  ;D ;D ;D ;)

Franck