• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

5x5x7 project (1/35 scale)

Started by marc_reusser, December 19, 2009, 10:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Frame ready for paint. Journal bearings are just set in place, so that wheels can be removed for seperate paint and weathering.

Frame primed with Mr. Surfacer 1000; Grandt-Line Delrin wheel bearings primed with Mr. Surfacer Resin Primer, after parts were scuffed with a fiberglass brush.

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Malachi Constant

Nice!  Glad to see you back to this project. -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

finescalerr

I was wondering whether you have been too swamped with work to do much modeling. Glad you are still messing around. -- Russ

marc_reusser

....just doing a little on this project, and a little of that, and some on the other....trying to squeeze some in between work and the bike.

M

M-Works

james_coldicott

Marc,

really nice job on the frame and as inspiring as ever- just looked back over the pages of this project and the work is fantastic.

Looking forward to seeing more when you get chance.

James

lab-dad

That's all you have gotten done?! ;D
Looks great, thanks for the update!
-Mj

TRAINS1941

Marc

Good to see you back posting.  Looks real good thanks for the update.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

marc_reusser

Base color (a mix of Tamiya; Hull Red, Brown, and Yellow), with a fine splattering of very diluted Life-Color "Orange Rust".

Marc

M-Works

lab-dad

lovely texture!
sponge? brush splatter?
-mj

artizen

It's just me - I liked this little wagon in its ex-works condition more.  :)
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

marc_reusser

Thanks Marty,

This was an experiment using the airbrush. Figured it would be good enough for a base finish, as there will be a faded black paint coat over it, which will be heavily chipped away using the HS method.

You can see the finish better here, on this piece that I shot, at the same time, for another little project. The "x" is about 1.125" wide overall....this will also get worn color over it.

M

M-Works

marc_reusser

Ian,

No worries....it willl be coming back a bit from the rust. I want it to be a well worn and aging car with some paint still on it.  :)

Marc

M-Works

lab-dad

Lovely texture and coloring!
Looking forward to hearing how it was done.
-Mj

Frederic Testard

I really like the rust texture on this X, Marc. On the rod too, in fact. It will be interesting with some chips of paint.
Frederic Testard

TRAINS1941

Great coloring and texture. 

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin