• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

hi.
like most of you i have models that have been finished or never will be  finished.i dont want to start a individual heading,is photo of the day is the best place?cheers

finescalerr

Is that a new model? -- Russ

1-32

Design-HSB

Great photo Kim, where could you take it?
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Quarter Gauger 48

Wow, great shot'...looks like an Osprey nest'..

mabloodhound

The crane hoist looks like it was built from Erector Set pieces.
Nice photo.
8)
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

LesTindall

Just shows there is a prototype for every model!   Great rust!!
Les T

EZnKY

Anyone know what this is?  I spotted it along the road in Farmington, New Mexico.
Eric Zabilka
Lexington, Kentucky

Quarter Gauger 48

I think it may be the hoist mechanism that lowered and raised the elevator car in a mine.
I don't see a boiler, but it may also been the main pulley that operated all the belts for a stamp mill'.
;)

darrylhuffman

It may be a portable well drilling rig.
Darryl Huffman
darrylhuffman@yahoo.com
The search for someone else to blame is always succcessful.

EZnKY

My guesses were along the same lines.  It has pulleys that could be used for long lengths of cable, and the large flywheel suggested to me that the cable(s) would be starting and stopping while the rest of the mechanism continued to spin.  I couldn't tell though if the wheels and such were originally part of the thing, or added later to move it around. 
Eric Zabilka
Lexington, Kentucky

5thwheel

Water well drilling rig, folded up.
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

Ray Dunakin

Looks like the remains of a walking beam drill rig. I have photos of a very similar rig, modified and mounted on an old Chevy truck, which was abandoned in the desert near Roosevelt Well, NV and moved a few years ago to Gold Point, NV:

http://www.raydunakin.com/Site/Chevy_Truck_Drill_Rig.html

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Quarter Gauger 48

Ray, what does a walking beam drill do?

EZnKY

Looks very similar to Ray's!  I knew you guys would know!
Eric Zabilka
Lexington, Kentucky