• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mabloodhound

Neat info....but the belt/track is on backwards.   
You always want the 'cleats' pointing towards the rear so they will be self cleaning from any mud or dirt.
Same goes for tractor tires.
8)
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Wesleybeks

Damn there is some awesome pics there. Thanks Terry.
Kind Regards
Wesley

Modelling in sunny South Africa

Terry Harper

Here we have Bangor & Aroostook Railroad box cars being loaded with bolts of pulp wood using horse drawn cars.
note how the ties are pulpwood, the pier in the foreground is made of pulp wood and the ramp is made from a stack of pulp wood.

Doug H.

Don't have any details, but this would be an interesting project.
"It was an American tradition, like fathers chasing kids around with power tools."

1-32

american or english i looks like it would be underpowered very hairy to do a hill start.
regards kim

Doug H.

While doing some research on the Pacific Electric Rwy, I ran into this series of pictures and caption -

An experimental monorail was built in Burbank, CA by J.W. Fawkes in 1907. He built the prototype on his Burbank ranch, running in a line between Lake and Flower Street. The name of his company was Aerial Trolley Car Co. Inc. Mr. Fawkes called it the 'Aerial Swallow'. The public called it 'Fawkes' Folly'.

Interesting stuff!

Doug
"It was an American tradition, like fathers chasing kids around with power tools."

marc_reusser

Cool stuff Doug. Thanks.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

marc_reusser

I know Chuck likes his Coke signs.  ;D
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Doug H.

Mogadishu, too funny! Interesting to see how the rust is forming along the edges of the white paint on the words Enjoy Coca-Cola.

Mobilgas

;D How about a Vernor's
Craig

Barney

Well what ever you want to call it - Christmas or just another day near the end of yet another year - have a good one !!
and thanks to you all for - your inspirations - your ideas - your thoughts and your suggestions to create better models
Barney

Hosted on Fotki

shropshire lad

Quote from: Barney on December 23, 2012, 10:01:13 AM
Well what ever you want to call it - Christmas or just another day near the end of yet another year - have a good one !!
and thanks to you all for - your inspirations - your ideas - your thoughts and your suggestions to create better models
Barney

Hosted on Fotki

Yeah , what he says !

For anyone that's interested , the brickwork is English Gardenwall Bond !

Nick

Barney

If Nicks is English - mine is COBBLES - beach washed that is ! Kit now available from "Snot Goblins Promotions"
Barney

Chuck Doan

Quote from: marc_reusser on December 22, 2012, 02:55:37 AM
I know Chuck likes his Coke signs.  ;D

That is a very thought provoking sign. Coke is everywhere man! Even in places where people are starving or a trip to the local bodega could get you killed.

Still, a dio with a warlords "technical" next to that sign would be interesting.

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/