• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mad gerald

... muuaaahahaha ... (ROTFLMAO) ...  :D :D ... turning round (towards TV) again, watching the second half Germany vs. Greece now ...

RichD

I have seen some of these photos posted before.. but some are new.. and many are railroad related.  The photos are from the Library of Congress.

http://twistedsifter.com/2011/11/incredible-color-photographs-of-u-s-life-in-the-1940s/

marc_reusser

I know, a bit OT...but...Zoom, Zoom! How awesome is this!? I so wanted to take the Volvo, and give it a try.....but the wife said, no. (sigh)

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

shropshire lad

I didn't have you down as a Volvo Man , safe and reliable , and all that !

Gordon Ferguson

Just proves this forum is his safety valve, let's him release all that pent up emotion he normally keeps so tightly controlled  ;D ;D ;D
Gordon

marc_reusser

Quote from: shropshire lad on June 29, 2012, 12:36:57 AM
I didn't have you down as a Volvo Man , safe and reliable , and all that !

Oh, no worries...it's no ordinary Volvo (though it is an "estate" body, as you Brits call it).....it came special order from Sweden. ;D (That is why the safety is such a nice feature. ;D )

M-Works

mad gerald

Quote from: marc_reusser on June 28, 2012, 11:24:41 PM
I know, a bit OT...but...Zoom, Zoom! How awesome is this!?
... well, THAT's waaaaay cooool .....  :o 8) ..... but is it REAL ... or taken from a video games teaser ... ?

Design-HSB

I know, a bit OT...but...Zoom, Zoom! How awesome is this!? I so wanted to take the Volvo, and give it a try.....but the wife said, no. (sigh)
Hi Marc,

If you are going ahead with your Volvo, maybe after I get with my Smart.

But the best we tested only with the original.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Chuck Doan

They sell Smartcars over here, but I've never seen one with a cat carrier before! :D
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Design-HSB

Hello Chuck,

for there are smart to buy a lot of tuning parts and the increase in the loading area is also included.
So I doubled the volume of luggage.
Of course, everything checked with an official permit.

For me but not for the cat but my dog.

Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

marc_reusser

Quote from: mad gerald on June 29, 2012, 06:29:18 AM
I know, a bit OT...but...Zoom, Zoom! How awesome is this!?
... well, THAT's waaaaay cooool .....  :o 8) ..... but is it REAL ... or taken from a video games teaser ... ?

Gerald, it's real. I took the photo yesterday, down at the "X-Games" in Los Angeles. They will be driving it on Sunday (will also be broadcast on TV). It's hard to see, but in the first image, there is one of the cars in the lower left corner. I don't know exactly what they are doing, because all around it are pit bays/paddocks and race support trucks for numerous world rally teams. Watched them unloading some of the cars.

M-Works

Design-HSB

Check it out here, a looping is really possible with a car and with my Smart I have even a better Cahnce how heavy a car.

The only problem is the stability of the ground-looping.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

marc_reusser

Neat smart you have there. Cute dog.  Yes, you would definitely stand a better chance.....I may have you on horsepower and speed.....but my wheelbase is too long, and the car is too low to the ground....I would get stuck.....unless it was a much larger diameter loop  ;D

M-Works

Gordon Ferguson

Gordon

Chuck Doan

Beautiful dog Helmut!

That looping thing is amazing.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/