• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Malachi Constant

Cool combo ... narrow gauge ... rough-cut ties ... steel bridge.  They overdid it a bit on the rust and chipping.  So it goes.  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

W.P. Rayner

Mark's new ride  ;D... a three-speed quadricycle. Front axle pivots vertically to negotiate irregularities in trackwork. Rebuilt in 2006 by Richard Morris in Blaenau Ffestiniog. The bulb horn and rear beer cooler (?) are nice touches though you need to do something about those pedals and that fat-ass saddle  ;)... Picture from Rail Machines Ltd. via the Minimum Gauge Forum.

Paul

Les

This sign that reappeared after around 100 years but now has vanished for ever
Les

marc_reusser

Quote from: W. P. Rayner on February 24, 2012, 08:49:06 PM
Mark's new ride  ;D... a three-speed quadricycle. Front axle pivots vertically to negotiate irregularities in trackwork. Rebuilt in 2006 by Richard Morris in Blaenau Ffestiniog. The bulb horn and rear beer cooler (?) are nice touches though you need to do something about those pedals and that fat-ass saddle  ;)... Picture from Rail Machines Ltd. via the Minimum Gauge Forum.

Paul

As is, its way too recumbent...definitely needs a nice carbon/titanium saddle, then need to raise it above the bars, and add some clip-in's (reflectors wont do you any good on a rail line...they're just added weight), and with those kind of grips, you really need the streamers coming out the ends. Beer cooler needs to be raised up behind the seat...too far down to fumble around in while trying to keep a good cadence or doing a pace-line.  ;D
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

marc_reusser

Quote from: Rail and Tie on February 24, 2012, 10:05:18 AM
Quote from: granitechops on February 24, 2012, 04:03:15 AM
Quote from: Rail and Tie on February 18, 2012, 06:34:22 PM
...and just two more ;D

doesn't inspire confidence in the maintenance programme does it

" Bridge No. 3?"    ???

we're not sure   ;D  ;D

Here is Bridge 3. Sorry for the quality as it is a video capture as we were doing video while going over this bridge. Note the logs used for replacement ties!

Awesome bridge. Thanks for sharing this.

M-Works

1-32

nice bike but it needs a few things
1-23 gears
2-battery asisted drive
3-frount wheel suspension
4-frount and back warning lights
and a bloody big person to push it up hills
cheers

Ray Dunakin

The wheels on that rail bike look way too small. Seems like you'd have to peddle like mad to get any decent speed with such small wheels.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

W.P. Rayner

Quote from: marc_reusser on February 28, 2012, 03:23:35 PM
As is, its way too recumbent...definitely needs a nice carbon/titanium saddle, then need to raise it above the bars, and add some clip-in's (reflectors wont do you any good on a rail line...they're just added weight), and with those kind of grips, you really need the streamers coming out the ends. Beer cooler needs to be raised up behind the seat...too far down to fumble around in while trying to keep a good cadence or doing a pace-line.  ;D

Yep, and add a set of Cinelli bars, put on a much larger front sprocket, get rid of the gear train and you'll have a fixie track bike...  :P

Paul

mad gerald

... don't know if THIS had been mentioned before?

A levitating locomotive, developed by Japanese scientists:

http://thecomingcrisis.blogspot.com/2011/05/levitating-locomotive-developed-by.html

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/13/article-0-0C09920500000578-464_634x419.jpg

... wonder if anybody could afford the space needed for a modell layout ...  ::)

Cheers

pwranta193

Primary design flaw of the rail bike:  No spokes for the attachment of playing cards.  There is also a lack of "go faster" handle bar streamers.

Fail.
Paul

"Did I mention this is a bad idea?"

eTraxx

This link was posted on one of the Yahoo forums. It's two 8x10 glass negatives of Marquette, Michigan, circa 1908. Man. What a delight

Shorpy: More Marquette: 1908
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Ray Dunakin

That Marquette panorama is terrific, so many things to see in it! The freight cars visible in the upper left, for instance... some wooden hoppers, and some rather small boxcars plus a larger boxcar.

Many of the buildings in this photo would make great models, or reference for detailing.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

granitechops

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on March 05, 2012, 03:57:49 PM
That Marquette panorama is terrific, so many things to see in it! The freight cars visible in the upper left, for instance... some wooden hoppers, and some rather small boxcars plus a larger boxcar.

Many of the buildings in this photo would make great models, or reference for detailing.

I was fascinated by the  shingle roof bottom left. looks like kids been skipping about all over it, Not that I did much of that when a boy, what also took my eye was the tram track stopping dead at the bottom end of the main street no stops to the rail
Don in sunny Devon, England

marc_reusser

This is definitely a scene/build I will have to do at some point  ;D

M-Works