• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Fake Fur Grass Experiment

Started by marc_reusser, March 13, 2007, 10:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Rick,

Haven't tried that method with hair, but.....I generally find that that method, or sim ones using Woodland Scenics always looks like a bald guy with bad random hair plugs....and I can't recall ever seeing grass grow like that in real life.....at least not for more than an isolated bunch.

That said...please post the results....I have often been proven wrong (my wife reminds me daily  ;D )

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

marc_reusser

Here is some more grass (and other growies) made from what appears to be the same/sim hemp material.

Marc

M-Works

marc_reusser

...and some more tall reeds.

M-Works

marc_reusser

Rich,

I didn't do these. These were two of the dioramas on dispaly at the AMT Convention in Torrent, Spain.  From the looks of it, seems to be some kind of a material, if not the same, as the plumbers hemp....just peainted a bit diffenrtly, and installed/applied a bit different. I do like the look of it, though it still snt that whispy meadow/field grass that blows gently in the breezes.

Enjoy your week...sounds like you'll be busy.

Marc

M-Works