Its official: This is no longer a work in progress!
Yesterday I added the final details to the engine, the whistles.
So now I consider this model done.
I may add a little more weathering when I am confident about my scenery colors. And who knows, may I will install a decoder some day. But for now, its *done*.
This must have been one the steepes learning curve I have ever travelled. When I started this project, I had zero metal working skills, I could hardly solder a feeder wire to a rail. My painting skills are still not that great, but for a first brass model it aint all that bad.
It took three generations of etchings to get it right. There are still some glitches, but I think it is virtually impossible to get a set of etchings with several hundred parts 100% correct.
The pantograph almost sank the project. I do not looking forward to make another one, but my next project have two of the darn things!
Thanks for all the encouragement, the feedback I have gotten here really helped to keep me going!
Some snapshots until the company photographer gets the delivery photos done:
Bring on the ASEA-engine