• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/32 Deutz-(ish) Gas Mech (Using Bmann Davenport)

Started by marc_reusser, July 01, 2009, 01:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Doan

Should be the best weathered critters there.

Get it in before Friday, that's the only day I will be present, and I'd love to see it (them).
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

finescalerr

Friday is the only day I could be in Pasadena, too. If anybody reading this wants to hang out, please let me know. I could arrive in the afternoon and stay late. -- Russ

marc_reusser

I plan to go on Weds, Thurs, & Friday, in the evenings. I want to see if there are good and interesting bits in the vendor room, and try to see the following clinics:

Advanced Modeling Techniques
Paint & Weathering Stone and Concrete
Scratch Building & Weathering Structures
Dirt to Dust & Oil to Rust
Narrow Gauge Cuban Sugar Railroads
Columbia River Jetty Construction Railroads

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Mobilgas

I Didn't think  you 2 guys  ??? I wont say no names were ever going to attend a Narrow Gauge Conv.?? But now that its being held in your backyard......your singing a different TUNE now.
Craig

danpickard

Watching and waiting, to see how it all pans out. 
I would expect you to have a couple of votes, but have seen this go all weird in the past.
Have a good NNGC, and don't upset too many people  :-X ;D

Cheers,
Dan

marc_reusser

Craig, was always planning on attending THIS one.....actually wanted to have more models done. The two unnamed were even at one point thinking of arranging a get together BBQ at my place for some of the vistors...but due to unfortunate circumstances on my end, that did not work out.

I figure it is 10 mins from the house, and being put on by the guys that ownd the LHS, it would be sillynd rude for me not to go and see what's up and support the guys........and one never knows what one can learn...or the odd thing of use/interest one might find at the vendors tables:

M-Works

marc_reusser

Dan, Not looking for anything re. the voting....just doing it for the fun of it, because its so close and easy. :)

M-Works

finescalerr

Well, this particular no name still has no desire to attend the convention. Ain't gonna buy a ticket. But I could find a spot in the lobby on Friday night if and only if friends want to hang out. Or, if any of you prefers, I could host a little get together at my home, about an hour from Pasadena (in midday traffic). I would provide dinner. -- Russ

marc_reusser

Well, I shall be there if you decide you areup to braving the inbound traffic...or for a later drink.

M-Works

jacq01

Have a good time. You show a good attitude to the contests.
  In Melbourne there were some exquisite diesel and steam 1:35 critters by Bernard, but the public didn't notice the fantastic details on them.

Pity we didn't go deeper into details for my visit. Too many uncertainties my side to be able to give a solid confirmation.
  Also the reluctance of said unnamed to go to the NGC and my medical condition made me decide not to go.
  I don't know or Marc will be at the KMK in Mol in September. I will attend as it is only 60 km from my place.

Have a good time coming weekend

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

marc_reusser

Thanks jacq. Doesn't look like I will be able to make KMK...really wanted to go, but it is too crazy with work and work travel right now. Have a great time there.....fantastic show and great bunch of guys. It does look like I will be going to do a demo(s) at EME in Heiden again next spring....think it is sometime in March or April....Iin case you are around Cologne during that time :) .

M-Works

jacq01

Marc,

Heiden and cologne are some 1,5 hrs drive from my place.
  I will try to visit Heiden next year.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on August 27, 2013, 01:56:54 AM
Thanks jacq. Doesn't look like I will be able to make KMK...really wanted to go, but it is too crazy with work and work travel right now. Have a great time there.....fantastic show and great bunch of guys. It does look like I will be going to do a demo(s) at EME in Heiden again next spring....think it is sometime in March or April....Iin case you are around Cologne during that time :) .

Mmmm , I think I might put that one in my diary , I fancy doing a bit of heckling . I haven't had a good heckle in ages ,

Nick

marc_reusser

Jacq, That is a long drive for you.

Nick....empty threats...not worried. :) :P.....and the KMK guys do a perfectly good job at it.  ;D

M-Works

Marc988

Marc,

if you come to Heiden again next year, please bring your exquisite critter(s).
Even though it might not be a Railroad orientated show I am certain the audience there will notice it and value the work.
I will be there again and this time hopefully know in advance that you are there and be able to say hi.

For me Heiden is over an hour's drive if driving normally.
Probably I will make it in 45 minutes ..... I just love the German Autobahn  ;D  ;D

Have fun in Pasedena.

Cheers,
Marc B