• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Yorke´s Stone House

Started by lucas gargoloff, June 02, 2009, 04:24:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucas gargoloff

Hi fellows!! This is my second building made from Hydrocal casting. I bought only 3 walls and had to scratch the front wall, made from wood stripes, and the roof. I did my own wood shingles,and they were cut in laser. Now I have to work in this clean roof and paint the front wall, first stained with black india ink.
Hope you enjoy!!

Lucas Gargoloff - Argentina

MrBrownstone

Nice Job on painting the stonework lucas..

and I like the plastering on the wall it is a nice effect.

lab-dad

Lucas,
Good to see you back. Neat build.
Where did you get that patched wall casting? I have one like it that was a gift.
-Marty

shropshire lad

Marty ,

Do you mean one like this ?

Nick

shropshire lad

Or this ?

Nick

lab-dad

Yea Thats it!
Wish I had the other two walls!.....

lucas gargoloff

Thanks Marty!! This kit are castings from Tom Yorke, very nice castings they are.
Nick, this one you did are great!! I thought too in doing broken stone corners, did you do yourself?

shropshire lad

Marty ,

Why didn't you say before . I'll send you a set when I send you your next Red Cross parcel.

Lucas ,

Yes I made the corners myself out of some spare wall castings .

Nick

lucas gargoloff

Nick, now as you said it... I wish to see it from another angle  ;D Thanks!

LLOYD

Howdy Lucas,

as usual, a beautiful work, with a nice weathering, and a good choice of colors !
I see this walls on eBay, very interesting to make many freelanced old west style buildings!
The price is good, but the shipping price in air mail is hard !
Lastly, that remains of very good parts to make some nice building!

Sincerely!

Lloyd

PuckHog

Hi Lucas,   You did a great job coloring that side wall!!!!! Are you sealing the plaster walls before you start the coloring??      Please post more updates.....Randy

lucas gargoloff

Thanks guys!! Randy, I didn´t seal the walls because I use very diluited paint for staining, and if I seal, paint wouldn´t fix as well.

MrBrownstone

Hi Lucas,

I can't tell you how much this makes me want to try doing something like this.

It is beautiful

I also do not seal the stuff (hydro cal) when I am staining.
It does recieve the stain better un-sealed.

the scratch wall (front) is the best.

I'll be watching you and learning...  ;D

Mike

shropshire lad

Quote from: lucas gargoloff on June 02, 2009, 07:24:36 PM
Nick, now as you said it... I wish to see it from another angle  ;D Thanks!

Lucas ,

Your wish is my command .

Nick

lucas gargoloff

After two days of work, front is painted and weathered!!  ;D I used, Tamiya XF-4 Yellow Green as a base colour, then did a mate coat, and a wash with black ink.
And still needs lot of work to do!!