Westlake Publishing Forums
May 26, 2020, 11:03:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:     REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Home   Help Search Login  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Yorke´s Brick Store  (Read 14132 times)
lucas gargoloff

« on: March 02, 2009, 09:03:44 PM »

Hi gang, last week I started to build this funny kit in 0 scale. Is the Yorke´s #103 Brick Store.
I starterd with painting walls with a mix of Humbrol #70, red and yellow. Then with white acrylics paint all the surface, removing it inmediately with a rag, this way I did the mortar lines.
Yesterday painted doors and windows.
Still I don´t know what will it be as a commerce, but I´m thinking to name it as my grandfather´s busines many years ago, was called "La Famosa", a nice place I grew up with lots of remembers with my cousin, the building doesn´t look like as the one I said, but adding only the name it´s all said. It was a pizza bussines and a beer corner in a little town far from the big cities here, the town is Dolores (yes, like the DRGW town!!)
So, this is the progress.
Hope you enjoy.

Lucas Gargoloff - Argentina
michael mott

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 09:35:00 PM »

Hi Lucas, looks like you are off to a great start.
regards michael
marc_reusser
Curmudgeon
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 02:21:22 AM »

I agree...good start. Looking forward to your progress. I was a bit worried when you wrote you were using white for the mortar (usually that is pretty strong/bright)...but it looks like you are making it work.

Say...do you live near Plaza Matheu?  Wink

If you follow Avenida de La Plata all the way to the end at the water...is that an old dock, or a sunken ship?

Marc

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works
lucas gargoloff

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 04:30:08 AM »

Thank you guys! I used white and then with black india ink applied in lower parts.
Yes Marc, I live one block to Plaza Matheu. Was you seiing Google earth??
This docks are part of the port of La Plata, there is a shipyard near from it , and two cold-storage plants. It was a very popular zone by mid 40´s with full of inmigrants.

marc_reusser
Curmudgeon
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 03:32:28 PM »

Lucas...It's a long story filled with too much alchohol and wild women  Wink Grin Grin Grin....

....yes, I used Google "Maps"...I saw the address on the package in the background of the photo....so, for the fun of it, I thought I would have a look...the only slightly confusing part was figuring out that you lived between 115th  and 116th Street/Ave.

Marc

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works
lucas gargoloff

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 04:41:35 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Be careful, around Plaza Matheu are some kinds of "woMEN" LMAO  Grin Grin Grin
Well guys, here is a prebuild to see how does it looks. Walls aren´t glue yet because I haven´t yet the MDF laser cut windows I design in CAD for the front. Will have it soon, I hope.
I have to work in weathering this brightness door. After glue all walls I will paint the building with a mate coat.
Cheers!

lucas gargoloff

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 05:28:37 PM »

hey guys! this is some progress at the Yorke´s building. I made the exterior floor with an epoxi daugh and the interior is color laser print in regular paper.
Will keep posting.
Cheers

michael mott

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 08:20:40 PM »

Looking good, I am interested in how you achieved the cracking in the concrete.

regards Michael
lucas gargoloff

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 08:58:25 PM »

Thanks Michael, as I said, it´s an epoxi daugh modeled with fingers. The cracking lines were did with an X-Acto knife, after seeing a couple of pics as reference. Now I´m painting with grey base colour and then will do a wash with black india ink, to give life to these cracking lines.

PuckHog

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 10:31:01 PM »

Looking good, Lucas.....Do you plan on adding interior?  Randy
lucas gargoloff

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 10:43:11 PM »

Thanks Randy!
Yes, I´m planning to add interior but not full detailed as I like, right for show something in it. It will be a local post office.

lucas gargoloff

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 04:30:18 PM »

More progress. The roof are corregated aluminium sheets trheated with ferric chloride for give this rusted effect. I airbrushe all the model with many colors as brown, black and white. Finnaly applied a mate coat for fix dust colours.
Cheers

lab-dad

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 06:54:38 AM »

Looking better each time!
take it outside and shoot some pictures, hard to see the detail in this light.
-Marty

Martin G. Jones Photography
    Go not where the path leads
Go instead, where there is no path,
           And leave a trail
LLOYD

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 09:44:28 AM »

Howdy  Lucas,

very nice weathering, and interesting way to paint the walls !

Sincerely!

Lloyd
PuckHog

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 10:10:33 PM »

Lucas,  I really enjoy watching your progress...please closeups on sidewalk and doors!....Thanks,  Randy
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: