• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Flux Mill & Machining (1:87)

Started by Craig, October 05, 2021, 02:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig

Hey everyone.

My first post here. Very excited to join the community.

Whilst this isn't fresh off the bench, it remains my last completed project from a few weeks ago, so I feel as though it's the right one to share!

It's called "The Flux Mill & Machining". An odd, wedge-shaped building circa 1940. Completely original in design and, most notably, a hair from prototypical! Per thread title, this is HO scale.

The whole building was designed in Fusion360 and cut using a laser - my first project using one. Details like the mattress, old armchair, fridge and stairs were 3D printed using a resin printer.

Other details like the smokestack and junk piles were gathered from various sources.

The combination of techniques is what makes these builds so interesting to me. Laser cutting, 3D printing, resin/plaster casting...

I'll be posting build threads for new projects now I've landed here, but for now here's the finished build for the Flux Mill:

Ray Dunakin

I love it!! Great looking building with lots of character, and good attention to detail!

Welcome aboard!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Les Tindall

Lovely detail. A resin printed mattress - that must be a first on this forum!
Les

Bernhard

Welcome aboard, Craig! Beautiful scene with really many pretty details.

Bernhard

WP Rayner

Welcome to the Forum Craig. Very nice work, you'll fit right in here.
Paul

Stay low, keep quiet, keep it simple, don't expect too much, enjoy what you have.

Bill Gill

It even has th kitchen sink! Well, maybe not the kitchen sink, but a sink. Nice work amd details.

Craig

Thanks, everyone! Thrilled to be here.

I mentioned it to Russ, but I'm using HO to be more whimsical in my builds, whereas I'm using O Scale for more prototypical work.

I've got a few projects coming up that I look forward to sharing!

Barney

Why did I miss this one - Nice detail in a small scale and it has the atmosphere of bygone industry
And welcome to yet another follower of Rust & grot
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Doane

Craig: This looks fantastic!
Can you give us more info on the laser cuter you used and the cost and the resin printer and it's cost? I'm just now learning about the resin printers, am looking at an 8K Phrozen Sonic Mini 4k for about $350. I know nothing about laser cutters, can you elaborate?
Thanks,