• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Fordson Tugger - 1:48 Scale

Started by David Price, September 14, 2021, 07:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Price

Not quite the standard of Chuck Doane's Tugger - but his series inspired me to finish this 1:48 Mackenzie Iron & Steel Machinery kit I have had since before Keith Wiseman acquired the range.

The shots show it sitting on one of Keith's 38' ET&WNC flat cars - the long lens makes the bow in the deck a bit more noticeable (they sure did those turnbuckles up tight).

Handbrake is on the end sill as is the practice on many narrow gauge rolling stock in Australia - our handbrakes were generally accessed from the ground.
Cheers,

David Price

bellarinerailway.com.au/ourtrains/

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Well, let's see: Chuck's model is about three times as big as yours and he's spent about a year working on it ... so far. All in all I'd say your model ain't half bad. -- Russ

David Price

Thank you for your feedback and comments gentlemen!
Cheers,

David Price

WP Rayner

Paul

Stay low, keep quiet, keep it simple, don't expect too much, enjoy what you have.

1-32

Hi David.
Yes, I have found your post on 1-87 scale, such a great paint job.
cheers Kim

David Price

Hi Kim,

interested in how you found my post on 1:87 scale?

Scale is 1:48 and gauge On30 (16.5mm) - or On3 if I want to be true to the prototype by changing the bogies (trucks) - not sure why you thought it was 1:87?

My other recent post is the John Deere excavator on the D&S #6531 work flat - shots are taken on a small switching layout loosely based on John Allen's "Timesaver".

Cheers,

dp
Cheers,

David Price