• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Madness in 1:48

Started by WP Rayner, March 25, 2021, 03:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WP Rayner

Quote from: 1-32 on May 08, 2021, 11:58:49 AM
Hi Paul.
interesting project lovely engine.
If you don't like woodwork just sell the cured slabs.
cheers

Thanks Kim. I actually enjoy woodwork, the problem is it doesn't like me. If it turns out that after three years or so of drying and likewise a three-year increase in my age (definitely into the O.F. era now) that I'm unable to move around 200+ lb slabs of wood, I'll just give them to my Amish friend to do with as he pleases.
Paul

Stay low, keep quiet, keep it simple, don't expect too much, enjoy what you have.

WP Rayner

Finally time for an update on this project, the background model derelict 1925 Ford Fordor sedan. It's been a hectic summer leaving little time for the modelshop. Why is it when you retire, your life seems to become busier than when you were working full-time, that's not how it is supposed to work! Maybe it's because when you become old and decrepit, even the simplest tasks take longer.  ;)  Anyway, here's a shot of the completed engine, frame, and fender assembly for the derelict Ford. The large rough hole in the floor is to accommodate a tree that has grown up through the car, which will be put in place once the car is complete and in position on the diorama. Final weathering touches will be added at that time to blend it into the environment. Now to continue thinning the body casting and building the destroyed wood roof for the car.

DerelictFordWIP1Sm.jpg
Paul

Stay low, keep quiet, keep it simple, don't expect too much, enjoy what you have.

finescalerr

Ray Dunakin

Wow! That looks fantastic!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

WP Rayner

Thanks Russ & Ray. Just for a point of reference, here is a photo of what I started with, the original ERTL car. Note: not my photo. I couldn't find mine, but located this uncredited shot online.

ERTLFordFordor.jpg
Paul

finescalerr

But that one looks so much newer and better .... -- ssuR

1-32

Hi Paul.
seeing I am too young to remember your other models I must say that I am impressed.
cheers Kim

WP Rayner

Quote from: finescalerr on September 09, 2021, 12:20:07 PM
But that one looks so much newer and better .... -- ssuR

I know, right! I struggled making the decision, should I or shouldn't I attack this beautiful example of die-cast and plastic art... ;)
Paul

WP Rayner

Quote from: 1-32 on September 09, 2021, 08:25:15 PM
Hi Paul.
seeing I am too young to remember your other models I must say that I am impressed.
cheers Kim

Thank you Kim, much appreciated.
Paul