• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

gadget of the month

Started by Barney, April 03, 2021, 02:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Its Just got to be the "gadget " to have - bottle holder for your glue - it came in 6 bits - typical flat pack - precision made -  goes to gather like a dream took 3 attempts but it did not beat me
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Barney

is that how you spell gadget !
Stuart McPherson

Barney

Resizing 2 photos - timed at 2mins
WEBRESIZER RULES - ALONG WITH HUMBROL Enamel
Barney
Stuart McPherson

Ray Dunakin

I need to make something like that for my solvent adhesive. It's been knocked over too many times.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Hydrostat

Quote from: Barney on April 03, 2021, 02:18:23 PM
is that how you spell gadget !

If you add some rivets it might be more convincing  :D
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Barney

I think there are other companies who do ones for different size bottles of Solvent and paints - the one shown is the Slater's version for there MEK PAK solvent
Part no' mekholder cost £3:00
Barney

Stuart McPherson

Lawton Maner

3.5cm wood scrap + correct sized drill bit X 2 minutes = free holder!

finescalerr

I was thinking scrap wood, a saw, and glue. You forgot to mention a saw and screws, Lawton. How would you assemble yours? -- Russ

Hydrostat

Quote from: finescalerr on April 09, 2021, 08:44:42 PM
I was thinking scrap wood, a saw, and glue. You forgot to mention a saw and screws, Lawton. How would you assemble yours? -- Russ

Since it is wood maybe by grafting?
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Lawton Maner

No assembly required!  You simply bore a suitable sized hole through the block and set it on the workbench.  You can also bore some smaller holes in it to hold a couple of brushes.  The whole idea (no pun intended) is to spread the base out so that the bottle won't tip over. If you want to, you can wrap tape around the bottle to make the fit snug!  Square bottles are a different matter.  But, since I buy most solvents in bulk and transfer them to smaller jars for use the square bottles are a thing of the past.
     For small mixing flats, you save the caps from plastic milk or water bottles because they do not react to most known solvents, most paints will not stick to them, and they are free (sort of).  Also useful for adhesives.  Cleanup is a breeze as you simply drop it into the bin. 

finescalerr

Oh, now I see what you had in mind. You never said "block of wood". Good idea! -- Russ

shropshire lad

And if your block of wood doesn't work you could always use one of these...

Lawton Maner

Great idea!  As we age some of us need something to keep from tipping our beer over.  Not that it has ever happened to me.

Lawton Maner

But I've been reading railroading mags since Russ was publishing one on clay tablets and the block of wood idea came from some one else.

shropshire lad

Quote from: Lawton Maner on April 10, 2021, 06:15:56 PM
But I've been reading railroading mags since Russ was publishing one on clay tablets and the block of wood idea came from some one else.

Is that when he came down from the mountains with his long flowing locks and bushy beard and pronounced " I have had a vision and I shall lead you to the promised land "?

That  turned out well.

Nick