• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:16 scale... Kahuku 0-4-2 S-T and Michigan-California Shay # 2.

Started by Scratchman, January 30, 2021, 03:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scratchman

Three-foot 1890 Baldwin 0-4-2 saddle tank engine
Kahuka (Kahuku) the dry transfer sheet I used only had two (Us) and four (As) so Kahuka is the name on the model.  The Al  Armitage plans are in the Nov. Dec. 1985 Narrow Gauge and Short Line Gazette. The Kahuku Plantation Co. and later the Roaring Camp and Big Tree Railroad #3. I build this model in 1987 or so.  This loco and my Michigan-California Shay #2 that was built in the early 70s. Both of these models were built before I started using Trackside Details and other castings that I can make work. I added a  Trackside Details bell on the Baldwin. I still do most of my pipe work the same as these first two locomotives. I did a tutorial on my pipe work in my article 'Madera Sugar Pine Lumber Company Number 1 Betsy', in the 2010 Narrow Gauge Annual.
Russ has the best photos of the Michigan-California Shay # 2. model if he can't post any of these photos, I will post the photos that I have. The article for my 1:16 scale Michigan-California Shay # 2 is in the 2004 Logging, Mining and Industrial Annual. This was my first article for Uncle Russ.

Here's five photos of the Baldwin 0-4-2  saddle tank engine.

Gordon Birrell

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gordonbirrell/

finescalerr

Here is the first of 5 photos of Gordon's Mich-Cal 2 Shay. -- Russ

finescalerr

Click on each photo for a larger image. Here's the second. -- Russ

finescalerr

finescalerr

finescalerr

Barney

Lovely stuff and quality - and to think that these standards were around years ago
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Design-HSB

It always gives me a lot of pleasure to see such good model making.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

darrylhuffman

All I can say is: "I am dumbfounded that anyone can do this!"

I might as well go back to TYCO.
Darryl Huffman
darrylhuffman@yahoo.com
The search for someone else to blame is always succcessful.