• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Ray and the Aragonite Mine NV

Started by Barney, September 25, 2020, 06:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

On Rays inspiring video the "Aragonite Mine" and the view of the Diesel powered compressor - Are all these types of set ups I presume Belt driven I can just make out a large pulley wheel at the rear of the compressor is it a belt on it or one of these multi-strand steel cable jobs or is it multi morse layered  chain type of thing ?
Or has any one got any ideas - The side valve petrol engine driving the hoist drums looks good too and its just got be on my build list for the future

How many miles would it be from the mine to the nearest fuel supply for the diesel and petrol for the running of the equipment and how did it get there ?

Barney

All measurements and answers in Miles /feet and inches please I refuse to go metric !!!
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: Barney on September 25, 2020, 06:56:35 AM
On Rays inspiring video the "Aragonite Mine" and the view of the Diesel powered compressor - Are all these types of set ups I presume Belt driven I can just make out a large pulley wheel at the rear of the compressor is it a belt on it or one of these multi-strand steel cable jobs or is it multi morse layered  chain type of thing ?

I looked at the still photos I shot, and it appears to be several narrow belts (like fan belts) together on multi-channeled pulleys. I've uploaded the high-resolution photos to Google Drive. You and anyone else who wants to can download them from this link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K_Vrmv1JpT6e-8FzJJQtAODuZyC-vGTT/view?usp=sharing

QuoteThe side valve petrol engine driving the hoist drums looks good too and its just got be on my build list for the future

The engine is connected to the hoist by direct drive. I can put together file of those photos too if you'd like them.

QuoteHow many miles would it be from the mine to the nearest fuel supply for the diesel and petrol for the running of the equipment and how did it get there ?

The mine is roughly 40 miles from Tonopah. Fuel would have been hauled to the mine by truck.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

5thwheel

Can't open. I have a Googlwe account but it won't open for me.
Bill
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: 5thwheel on September 25, 2020, 08:35:43 PM
Can't open. I have a Googlwe account but it won't open for me.
Bill

You can't download the file, or you can download it but not open it?

Ray Dunakin's World

Ray Dunakin

I think I had the wrong setting for sharing the file. It should work now.

Ray Dunakin's World

Design-HSB

Unfortunately, I still can't open the files.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Barney

I am having the same problems can not even fined it - Pxpress  come up but can not open it - is it me or has it something to do with the "major surgery"on my Apple I have just had done !!
it keeps coming up with  - file to big to load and scan for virus - are you sure you want to down load it !!

Saying all that I must thank you Ray for the effort you put into the videos they are stunning and all the trouble you have gone to to answer my queries
Its now in the Hands of my"Apple Whizz kids" to try A way into the photos
Thanks
   Barney
Stuart McPherson

Barney

Now coming up as ARAGONITE.ZIP 5 items - OPEN IN CLOUD CONVERT
I think A quick beverage is now required
Barney
Stuart McPherson

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

Bernhard

For me it works now. Thanks for the interresting photos.

Bernhard

Barney

All working Ok - Thanks Again now sorted and work can be begin on the model
Barney
Stuart McPherson