• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:35th TACL rail tractor

Started by Bernhard, May 27, 2020, 01:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernhard

The brake pads are made of plastic so that no short circuit occurs when the wheels come into contact.

Bernhard

The guide plate for the brake lever consists of two etched parts. At the top of the parts there is a toothing in which the pawl of the brake lever engages.

Bernhard

The outer plate gets two feet and one "eye".

Bernhard

The pawl of the brake lever is again a good example for the soldering of small parts.
First a bracket is bent, drilled and then soldered to the handle.

Bernhard

Then the handle is cut to length and bent...

Bernhard

... and finally screwed to the brake lever with a M0.6 screw.

Bernhard

The finished brake lever. The pawl really engages the teeth on the guide plates and locks the brake lever.

Bernhard

Now I have to make the traverse on which the two brake pads are mounted.
Now all parts of this sub-assembly are ready for assembly.

Bernhard

finescalerr

Is anybody else here reeling in stunned disbelief like I am? -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: finescalerr on July 23, 2020, 12:27:11 PM
Is anybody else here reeling in stunned disbelief like I am? -- Russ

Yes indeed! It's like seeing a Swiss watch being made.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Design-HSB

Quote from: Bernhard on June 06, 2020, 02:54:56 AM
Thank you guys for your interest.

Lawton, you can see the clamps at the bottom. In Europe, you can buy them here: https://www.fohrmann.com/de/loethaken.html
The adjustable stops, which are also very useful, I made myself.

Russ, I had the buffer plates printed up at Shapeways. The material is Fine Detail Plastic. I also thought about having them printed/cast in brass. But I'm afraid that the font would have been less good. The font is 1 mm high and 0.3 mm thick.

Bernard

Bernhard, that with the adjustable stops is also a good tip, so I still have to build. Very interesting to follow your construction technique.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bill Gill

Excellent. In all modesty, I believe I could probably model the matchstick about as well,
but that's as far as it goes. :)

Barney

I think Im going to take up those match-stick kits you can buy they do trams and tractor things !
But Bernhard do you burn your fingers with all this miniature welding !!
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Chuck Doan

Beautiful work Bernhard! Very impressive.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Bernhard

Thanks for your interest and your comments.

Chuck, you have to be strong now. I'm about to show my slightly simpler version of a Fordson tractor.
I used the resin kit from plusmodel again.