• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Have I got it right - Pump the model in 1/35th

Started by Barney, May 09, 2020, 05:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernhard

Nice work, Barney. Interesting to see what you can do with leftovers.
Bernard

1-32

Hi Barney.
yes you have got it right are they going to be painted?
cheers

Barney

And to the rescue of a man trying desperately to make a petrol pump in 1/35th !! - The " Mini-Art " Italian Petrol Station kit - What a kit  - super detailing on all the parts and there is a lot of them just on the pump alone - My only criticism being the Instructions a bit on the down side and the petrol pump glass cylinder is in 4 parts - the glass bit is acrylic in 2 parts the top and bottom bits are "uncontrollable and small - so a small modification will be required -Acrylic rod or tube will be used so no joins - if I use the tube (a paint brush hair protector ) a centre bolt will be used to hold the top a bottom plates - if I use the rod 2 bolts can be used ( there being a prototype for both - just to keep the Rivet counters at bay ) the edges top and bottom are extremely very  thin so I have reinforced with 10 thou strip 
The round top illuminated sign I have replaced so its open with some wires poking at the top no doors will be fitted
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Barney

Stuart McPherson

finescalerr

Bernhard

The military model makers have really fine stuff. And good improvements so far, Barney.

Bernhard

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Barney

Pump now in primer - and walls going up for the "Power House" in this case a reclaimed wall with a lean-to wooden shed -
interior nearly there but slight delay in modelling due to new Radiator taps in my workshop the only ones I did not change but of course the radiator lives under the desk - the desk holds the book case up and the book case holds the house up so another 1/2 day job that turns into a Job from hell - so its all onward and upward now until something else falls off !!
First a few shots of the interior
Barney
Stuart McPherson

Barney

Stuart McPherson

Barney

the rear wall with the start of the fuel tank for the Cat power plant
Stuart McPherson

Barney

The Cat engine under going major surgery a Mini-Art diesel engine being converted / back dated to Petrol / paraffin
Stuart McPherson

finescalerr

I really like that diorama. Hurry up and fix your house so you can get back to work on the model! -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Les Tindall

That's lovely stuff, you could almost tempt me back to 1/35th scale, there are always some brilliant kits/parts available for inspiration.  Those little paint brush protectors can be really useful as being quite thin they look "in scale" (those thin plastic straws, while we still have them, are good too).
Les

Lawton Maner

I have collected plastic straws for years and sort them by size and color.  The black ones I get at 2 restaurants can be used as pipe just as they come, others will take the vinyl paint the RC car users build wonderfully and have a number of uses.  I feel that using them in my modeling is a better end use then the bin.  My wife hates the fact that not only do I save things like straws, but I sort and store them so that I can find and use them.