• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

recent modelling from KIM

Started by 1-32, March 25, 2020, 05:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRAINS1941

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Barney

Another little gem of inspiring modelling and unusual - but Burt Monroe did not bother with a lawn mower ! and you  really do need a lemon tree outside in the garden
to every one out there if you have not seen the film you will have no idea what Im on about (Surely its a sin if you have not seen the film its one of the best of our times )
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Barney

Stuart McPherson

Lawton Maner

While you are discussing details, there needs to be a washtub and the laundry hanging on the line.  And, as Jeff Fox Foxworthy would point out you can't be a redneck without hounds on the porch.

Barney

and a collection of pistons on a shelve ready for the melting pot -labeled "food for the god of speed"
Barney
Stuart McPherson

Hydrostat

Quote from: 1-32 on October 13, 2020, 05:58:44 PM
Morning all trusting that you are in good health.
Moving on and building a few bits and pieces in 1/35 scale this time a motor mower. This one is a Victor 1959 Australian made and was marketed with the slogan-Turning grass into lawn. Bit on the small side to be made by hand but in the end workes -styrene and wire.
cheers.

I love it!
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: Barney on October 14, 2020, 06:51:56 AM
Another little gem of inspiring modelling and unusual - but Burt Monroe did not bother with a lawn mower ! and you  really do need a lemon tree outside in the garden
to every one out there if you have not seen the film you will have no idea what Im on about (Surely its a sin if you have not seen the film its one of the best of our times )
Barney

Great movie!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Morning all.
Yes, the lemon tree common around the world always one around for a healthy shot first thing in the morning. I have never made one so it will be a great challenge and will require a few field trips to get photo reference.I have just built an outside toilet basically a shed but maybe I won't use it, the time era is 1960 so an inside septic system would be possible , washing hanging under the back roof concrete washing tubs and a ringer washing machine all possible.
Mr Burt Monroe will be on my to-watch list talking about my watch list I have been sucked into Live rail cams
The one that I watch on U tube is at La Plata Missouri USA. the mainline between Kansas and Chicago a 24/7 camera a rail viewing platform and a set of boom gates nothing else. Lovely little town and when I tune in because of the time difference it is in the early hours of the morning so the scene is set for pure theatre. About  2 minutes out you can hear the horn then the boom gates spring into action lit up like a big Christmas tree then out of the darkness the train hits. Four to five huge Burlington Santa Fey diesel horns blaring headlights on full travelling full throttle with a parcel express much noise lights everywhere the camera shaking. After the huge train has passed usually in about 90 seconds the boom gates rise lights go out and the little town goes back to sleep darkness is the king again.
cheers

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: 1-32 on October 14, 2020, 01:25:50 PM
The one that I watch on U tube is at La Plata Missouri USA. the mainline between Kansas and Chicago a 24/7 camera a rail viewing platform and a set of boom gates nothing else. Lovely little town and when I tune in because of the time difference it is in the early hours of the morning so the scene is set for pure theatre. About  2 minutes out you can hear the horn then the boom gates spring into action lit up like a big Christmas tree then out of the darkness the train hits. Four to five huge Burlington Santa Fey diesel horns blaring headlights on full travelling full throttle with a parcel express much noise lights everywhere the camera shaking. After the huge train has passed usually in about 90 seconds the boom gates rise lights go out and the little town goes back to sleep darkness is the king again.

There's an old Mission-style depot at a place called Kelso in the middle of the Mojave desert. I go through there almost every year, usually while returning from my Nevada trips. There are four tracks at the grade crossing. During the '80s and '90s it was a busy place -- trains coming and going every 10-20 minutes, and often there would be a train stopped on the siding waiting for clearance to proceed. I used to enjoy stopping there to make a sandwich, then sit back and watch the trains go by. Then for something changed, and the past 20 years or so very few trains go through there.

Watching a fast moving freight train go by at night in the middle of the desert is always exciting. I remember one time in particular, I was at a grade crossing in a very isolated area. No lights or anything. It was a pitch black, moonless night, and I stood about ten feet from the tracks as this freight train roared by in the dark. It was almost invisible, just a huge black shadow, as the ground shook and the wind of its passing was like a gale. Very, very impressive experience.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Lawton Maner

A well manicured lawn is a sign of a sick mind.

Design-HSB

Hello Kim, an absolutely successful gem and proof that you can build great models even without a high-tech workshop.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

fspg2

Kim,

always nice to see how you enchant us with simple means!

Frithjof
Frithjof

finescalerr

That's one reason why I've always considered Kim's modeling to be an art form. -- Russ

1-32

Morning all.
Thanks, Jerry, Volker,Helmut and Ray.
Yes Russ I do like art but have trouble with it most of that I see is rubbish and completely lacking in skills digital applications have helped I suppose?
Hi, Barney Mr. Munro was a native of New Zealand in this part of the world they have a reputation for being clever, there is a saying that all they need is a bit of wire and a nail I forget the rest.
Lawton guesses what I agree with you.
Frithjof great to hear from you I see it as a fusion with technology and art just my personal preference.
And finally a shot of one of my recent sheds actually an outside toilet I have been playing around with peeling laminates. There is a bit of social comment about long grass and lawnmowers here about. It goes along the line that you have to keep the grass short to keep the family safe. Nasty surprises don't like to travel across open areas.
cheers.

1-32

Morning or good afternoon all how are we all.
Here is my latest effort again another water tank concrete with a rusted steel lid it is all held together with a steel band again 1/35 scale I will use it on my latest model Sandy Hollow. Barney yes the lemon tree my next project is a lemon tree if it is crap I will throw it out , but fingers crossed.
cheers, Kim.