• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

recent modelling from KIM

Started by 1-32, March 25, 2020, 05:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shropshire lad

Looking good , Kim . Is that Roger the cabinboy sitting on the chair ? (British joke , possibly not understood by others!).

1-32

Les Tindall

Great stuff Kim, you can almost feel the heat of the day as the crew relax on the boat.  I like the hose, where is that from?
Les  (I'm British as want to know who Roger is aswell)

Lawton Maner

Roger is Bogie and Hepburn's son.  (Hint for those who aren't film buffs: African Queen).

shropshire lad

Quote from: Les Tindall on July 18, 2020, 01:50:34 AM
Great stuff Kim, you can almost feel the heat of the day as the crew relax on the boat.  I like the hose, where is that from?
Les  (I'm British as want to know who Roger is aswell)

Read the bit about the libel case ...https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Pugwash. !!!

1-32

Morning.
Captin Pugwash thank goodness they had a few intelligent characters otherwise they would have ended up on the rocks in the first episode .
Lawton is that really true that it was that Roger was Bogies and Hepburns son ?
Les the hoses easy.They start life as rolls of solder,cut to length then wrap them  in wire fabricate some ends,I really like them as you can form them into intersting shapes .
cheers

Les Tindall

Thanks Kim for the info on the hose.
Nick - I remember Capt Pugwash, saw your link re Roger, I'll leave it at that.   
Les 

Lawton Maner

Kim:
Did it feel bad when you swallowed the bait?

1-32

Lawton.
I like you but did you feel bad-no no.

1-32

Evening all.
Moving along now it is my turn to be a the top of the list for a while so let's get into it.
The first picture is the paddle wheeler with the new funnel a new slimline design much better.
The last 2 pictures are of the load on the barge that goes with the tender brass such a superior material it is a bucket off a dragline. its barge will be its frame.
cheers and all the very best.

finescalerr

Bill Gill

Like the new skinnier funnel. Excellent bucket! You are really good with a lot of different materials.

Lawton Maner

Health and Safety is sending a pair of agents to inspect the boat and issue fines for not having railings on the upper deck.  To avoid this issue, simply mail the boat to me and I'll hide it for a decade or so until they forget about you.  ;D ;D ;D

Barney

Nice bit of work on the bucket  and the Old boat is looking good to
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Hydrostat

The bucket looks very well and so the boat does!
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"