• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

recent modelling from KIM

Started by 1-32, March 25, 2020, 05:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rail and Tie

Very nice work. I love the cord detail on the ships wheel!
Cheers!
Darryl

"Leonard, check it out. I've bought an N Gauge locomotive. Half the size of HO. Look...it fits in my mouth!"

http://www.interactionhobbies.com
http://www.facebook.com/railandtie

Barney

Yes I noticed that the sterring wheel - little details like this just make a model
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

1-32

The progress I will slip into the forum for an update.
Topdeck- Funnel, Water tank, and the last photo are of the steering gear in the last post the water tank was round now square.Lets see now a bit over 2 months lots of fun in a crazy time.I have been thinking that this paddlewheel tender needs a barge of sorts yes , I definitely know the shape of that accessorize.
cheers.

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Thanks, Ray yes it a lot of fun now for some details.
cheers

finescalerr

Lawton Maner

Will it be crewed by Hepburn and Bogart?

Hydrostat

Kim,

I wonder if a tug boat wouldn't have a strengthened bow for pushing batges or so?

What is going to be the ship's name? Corona? Okay, I go stand in the corner  ;D.

Cheers,
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Lawton Maner

Since it is a paddle wheeler, it should be a pusher boat rather then a tug.  one thing to consider is that the stern of the barge can be notched to receive the bow of the pusher. 

1-32

Morning.
Good point about the position of the barges the examples I have seen is that the barge is tied up next to the paddlewheel mother ship, personally, I think that this would be hard to control and progress would be very slow, Towing would also be hard as the ropes would get fouled in the paddlewheel so pushing is the best bet Volker you are right there needs to be something on the bow.
Lawton the crew members'
names are Clyde, Clancy, and Mabel there is also a dog and maybe a cat now it is getting crowded .
Cheers

Bernhard

This is a really nice piece Kim.

Bernhard

Barney

you continue to inspire - about how long is this little beast ?
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

1-32

Hi
It is tiny in 1/35 scale.
10 1/4 inches or 260 mm long. This does not include the rudders.
5 1/2 inches or 135 mm wide.
6 1/4 inches or 155 mm heigh.
I will call it" Madel" with my late mother in mind she was born in 1916
cheers

1-32

Just another comment it comes apart at the moment it is 4 pieces. I will post a picture later.
cheers

1-32

Mabel my dear mum passed away last year she is the right eria to have my paddle-wheeler named after her.
cheers.