• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

recent modelling from KIM

Started by 1-32, March 25, 2020, 05:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydrostat

Kim,

this assembly looks very well. I like the appearance of the not so heavily worn boiler. And the red color of that stern wheel is really something  :). I don't really know anything about boats. Whenever I see a ship with a boiler over water line I can't imagine those things wouldn't tipple over due to the high barycenter.

I'm looking forward - thanks for posting.

Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

1-32

Good point Volker the way I look at it that there should be only one paddle holey in the water at once too many would create too much drag. Once you set that up it will give you the centerline of the steam chest. The center of gravity should be near the bottom of the hull and in this case, it is flatboat and quite wide it should work. The area that is causing me concern is the wheelhouse area and fitting it all in without it looking clumsy.
Hoping that all is well in Germany.
cheers

Rail and Tie

Loving the detail as this goes along.  Maybe a set of "Duck Rudders" added aft of the Paddles would be in order for those tight maneuvers and steering in reverse. Would add some more detail in the back of the boat.
Cheers!
Darryl

"Leonard, check it out. I've bought an N Gauge locomotive. Half the size of HO. Look...it fits in my mouth!"

http://www.interactionhobbies.com
http://www.facebook.com/railandtie

1-32

yes, a couple of big rudders people ask what is the purpose of such a boat.? There is a small cargo area behind the wheelhouse but its main purpose is a tug imagine a couple of barges behind going up the Congo River.

1-32

Afternoon all how are we going looks like we are heading for a very economically challenging time anyway.
My challenge is now becoming more pacific in its style and location. In the first picture, it shows a river paddlewheel tug operating on one of the large rivers in NSW Australia. This area is tropical and the prize is Australian cedar timber once common now very exotic perfect for my build. The next is the wheelhouse and last is the water supply tank which is located behind the wheelhouse construction styrene and wood weathering oil paints.
cheers.

finescalerr

It's really shaping up. -- Russ

Bill Gill

I like the proportions. Nice work.

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bernhard

Really nice job, Kim.

Bernhard

Barney

Its Definitely got loads of character
Barney   
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

1-32

Morning all
Yes, Barney, it looks right.
Moving along definitely my biggest paint job in quite a while anyway.
Now I  will move onto the funnel , cabin fit-out, woodpile, flag pole, pipes , sign, and some details.
My Swan is moving along fun fun.
cheers,

1-32

Ray Dunakin

I love it! It has so much character!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

TRAINS1941

That is so cool.  Great work.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin