• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

recent modelling from KIM

Started by 1-32, March 25, 2020, 05:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

This is going to be fun. -- Russ

Lawton Maner

There is a bit of an engineering mistake in the proposal drawing.  The cranks for the paddle wheel need to be outboard of the supports so that they can revolve.  Otherwise 1/2 turn and the whole thing will lock up with a terrible noise.  But then the laws of physics might work differently when standing on the ceiling. 

1-32

moving along
Here is a simple jig that I made out of card to assemble the wheel.
cheers.

1-32

Moving along.
Lawton, you are quite right about the crank assembly here are is another drawing looking into that. From here I will do A more detailed drawing of the steam power unit. The steam chests need to be further away from the paddle.
Cheers.

Ray Dunakin

Kim, your drawings are always a pleasure to see -- as much fun as your models.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

SandiaPaul

I second that, the little sketches are great!
Paul

Bill Gill

Kim's sketches are like da Vinci doodling a helicopter or crossbow, batwing :)

Lawton Maner

I was totally hoping that the laws of physics were different on the bottom-side of the world and I could learn from you.  Given that even the animals down-under are strange looking anything would be possible.
Keep interviewing for the canine first mate and let us know when hired.

1-32

Hi all.
moving along.
I now have my boiler and with the addition of the paddlewheel all the major components of the engine room are finished, the layout of all the other bits can start.
cheers.

Ray Dunakin

Nice work. Are the rivet heads embossed?

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Hi Ray yes.
Years ago I bought a styrene sheet of different size embossed rivets just cut up strips.
cheers

Bernhard

1-32

hi, Ray and Bernard how are we?.
moving along the steam chests fiddly both in there construction and design, in the end, they are a freelance but they work in there looks. Now I can go ahead and start the linkages and layout the engine area.
cheers.

finescalerr

They look good. Stop goofing around and build more stuff. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World