Westlake Publishing Forums
October 31, 2020, 07:13:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:     REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Home   Help Search Login  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1:22,5 Gmeinder 10-12PS/German Feldbahn  (Read 37256 times)
fspg2

« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2020, 05:13:29 AM »

The following picture shows the buffers after grinding at the rotating disk.

Gmeinder_10-12_Puffer_11 (fspg2)

Gmeinder_10-12_Puffer_08 (fspg2)

After this all buffers had been in the vibrating polishing drum for 4 hours, I washed them under hot water with an old toothbrush and some soap.

What you can see in the photo above (after washing - not sandblasted), all the sharp edges have been slightly rounded - exactly what I wanted to achieve.

Frithjof
finescalerr
Administrator

« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2020, 02:04:14 PM »

Superb. -- Russ
Ray Dunakin

« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2020, 07:48:16 PM »

Beautiful!

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakinís World
fspg2

« Reply #63 on: Today at 02:01:05 PM »

While I had been working on hinges for the Kemna roller for the past few days, I also came across some castings that I let printed in 2010 and then reproduced using rubber molds.

Gmeinder_Knebel_2 (fspg2)

On the above cast tree there are two hinges for the side fan flap of the Gmeinder 10-12PS.

Gmeinder_10-12_Scharnier_08 (fspg2)

On closer inspection it is noticeable that they do not have any through holes - the hole diameter of only 0.5mm was probably not feasible with this rubber form.
For a wider part, the caster would have inserted a corresponding wire as a placeholder, here the length of the wire would have been around 3-4 millimeters.

So again a small jig was milled out of a 6.0mm HPL plate in order to hold the hinge securely in it when drilling later.

Gmeinder_10-12_Scharnier_01 (fspg2)

Gmeinder_10-12_Scharnier_02 (fspg2)

Gmeinder_10-12_Scharnier_03 (fspg2)

The drilling jig was clamped in a small vice on the cross table of the milling stand, the hinge inserted and fixed with a small piece of wood and some tape.
TThen the 0.5mm drill was positioned exactly over the indicated depression. A small drop of cutting oil helped with the drilling.

Gmeinder_10-12_Scharnier_04 (fspg2)

Then I remove dthe piece of wood and the masking tape again to look at the hinge.

Gmeinder_10-12_Scharnier_05 (fspg2)

Gmeinder_10-12_Scharnier_06 (fspg2)

A trial possession on the Gmeinder - it fits.

Gmeinder_10-12_Scharnier_07 (fspg2)

Now comes the boring part ... there are 43 hinges left to drill!

Frithjof
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: